Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

No Hexes and Dynamic Lighting Problem

I posted before but I have further information. I am running an I7 Cpu 930 @ 2.8 GHz with 12.0 GB ram and a 64 Bit system with an ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series Video Card.  I am having a problem with the hexes not rendering with or without labels. Also the dynamic lighting is non-functional, checked with either the GM or the player setting.  I still like the system and am sure this is related to the upgrade. Bronco_6 Dale Himebaugh
Gauss
Forum Champion
Dale, could you go to&nbsp;<a href="http://supportdetails.com/" rel="nofollow">http://supportdetails.com/</a> and report what you find there (except for IP address)? Additionally, can you send me a join link to your campaign? Id like to come take a look.&nbsp; - Gauss
I think I have resolved the issue. My problem (I think) is caused by too many items on he map. I was attempting to map using tiles and various items to develop a map on a Map square and using numerous .png items to populate the map. Once I reach a certain threshold, the map began to exhibit problems and shortly thereafter, the "no hex" condition and the "dynamic lighting" issue occurred. Thanks for looking at the issue. I'll keep using the program and I love the system. I might have just overloaded the system but your quick response is one of the reasons I continue to like this system and recommend it. Thanks again. J. Dale Himebaugh
Would you mind letting me know the name of the Campaign so I can take a look? I'm just curious to see what sort of setup on your map caused the issues...
The Big Nate Showdown in Low Town. Regrettably, I deleted the map once I saw the problem and realized what was causing the problem. I determined that it was caused by the multitude of small items on the map on "Map" layer and once I reached a certain threshold, the hexes stopped rendering on the map as did the dynamic lighting. But thanks for checking into it. You guys are so pro-active with problems - one of the many things that makes your program so outstanding. John Dale Himebaugh