Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ambient Sounds

Score + 25
I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I didn't see an obvious post in the search results. It would be great to have Ambient sounds which are location specific. Perhaps something that could be attached to a token and placed on either the Map or dynamic lighting layer? Or any token for that matter. It might be fun to have fire elementals make a crackling sound as your character token gets closer. Or the sound of buzzing flies around a zombie? Certainly environmental effects like wind, water, insects, etc would be great for immersion.
Sounds very similar to Foundry VTT. So I know its technically capable to accomplish. Maybe Roll 20 could use a similar scheme? Might need a more robust infrastructure to support many many people doing it at one. +1
Fantastic idea. +1
+1
Page setting you can add music to play on load. 
Kilter - I should have been a little more clear on my description. I was suggesting sounds that fade or grow based on distance from the token emitting the sound. So as you move through a map the soundscape can change based on your closest surroundings.
This sounds like an excellent potential feature.  Perhaps an extra token setting "emits sound" instead of "emits light", with a corresponding jukebox selection, and a distance at which the volume is 0%, gradually increasing from that distance to 100% when the players token is adjacent...
+1 I like this idea. Rein P. suggestion on how this could work sounds great.
+1
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
I tried building this in pro, and suggesting this previously - several times in fact. The current flaw in the prototype I built (and my suggestion was player specific sound) is that audio is currently all-or-nothing, in that all players hear the same sound, so my suggestion was player specific audio. This would mean at least when a player goes to a page, they get page-specific audio. This is a similar problem to the visibility settings not being player specific either on tokens. Until we get something like specific visibility and player-specific audio... 
    +1