Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Give Players rights to some assets on Token Layer

Hello, In running a murder mystery or investigation game, letting players sort and organize tokens representing people, places, clues, evidence, etc would help them brainstorm just like they see on popular media (TV, movies, etc). They can already draw on the VTT, so they can draw lines to show connections, etc... but letting them move tokens around I think would really help set the mood and atmosphere. Any chance of this as a future feature? Just an option on the right click menu would be all I would need. Thanks!
Just give your players permission to controll the Object in question :) You can do that already in the token Options. Lloyd J. said: Hello, In running a murder mystery or investigation game, letting players sort and organize tokens representing people, places, clues, evidence, etc would help them brainstorm just like they see on popular media (TV, movies, etc). They can already draw on the VTT, so they can draw lines to show connections, etc... but letting them move tokens around I think would really help set the mood and atmosphere. Any chance of this as a future feature? Just an option on the right click menu would be all I would need. Thanks!
Assign an NPC character sheet to the token, then give all players (or even only specific players) permission to Edit and control that NPC. The NPC character sheet can either be just blank or can include information about that token. Lloyd J. said: Hello, In running a murder mystery or investigation game, letting players sort and organize tokens representing people, places, clues, evidence, etc would help them brainstorm just like they see on popular media (TV, movies, etc). They can already draw on the VTT, so they can draw lines to show connections, etc... but letting them move tokens around I think would really help set the mood and atmosphere. Any chance of this as a future feature? Just an option on the right click menu would be all I would need. Thanks!
You do not even need a Sheet for that token ;) You only need to give players control by mentioning them (or all players) and Save the Settings. That's it. Used them in my campaigns before and it works just fine ^^ Rick A. said: Assign an NPC character sheet to the token, then give all players (or even only specific players) permission to Edit and control that NPC. The NPC character sheet can either be just blank or can include information about that token. Lloyd J. said: Hello, In running a murder mystery or investigation game, letting players sort and organize tokens representing people, places, clues, evidence, etc would help them brainstorm just like they see on popular media (TV, movies, etc). They can already draw on the VTT, so they can draw lines to show connections, etc... but letting them move tokens around I think would really help set the mood and atmosphere. Any chance of this as a future feature? Just an option on the right click menu would be all I would need. Thanks!
LOL!  How long has THAT been there??  I've been a DM for 2 years and never noticed that.  Chalk that one up to an extended senior moment. :/ TheMarkus1204 said: You do not even need a Sheet for that token ;) You only need to give players control by mentioning them (or all players) and Save the Settings. That's it. Used them in my campaigns before and it works just fine ^^
Thanks! I somehow totally spaced that screen was for everything, not just characters.

Edited 1697633954
It is somewhat hard to see that there is a space you can write / fill in, but it has been there for as long as I gm here on Roll20 ;) Minor Edit: If a character sheet is selected for that token then those two dropdowns will be filled automatically. Rick A. said: LOL!  How long has THAT been there??  I've been a DM for 2 years and never noticed that.  Chalk that one up to an extended senior moment. :/ TheMarkus1204 said: You do not even need a Sheet for that token ;) You only need to give players control by mentioning them (or all players) and Save the Settings. That's it. Used them in my campaigns before and it works just fine ^^
[Deleted]
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .