Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][Saturday 7pm-11pm][Eastern][PF1e] GM seeks players for Varied Games (see post)

Edited 1699596481
Toby
Pro
Hello folks!  I am Tobias Fox a Forever GM with some 15+ years of experience running wild and crazy nonsense and unusual games of all kinds.  I am interested in starting one of a few styles of games using Pathfinder 1e.  In no particular order these games include: Curse of Strahd (But using Pathfinder instead of 5e) A Pathfinder Modern Sandbox (Pathfinder game set in the "real world" where magic is brand spanking new and the shit is just starting to hit the fan) A Playtest for Playing as Animals rules I've been working on for the past 3 years. ** Strikeout denotes the game has been chosen. Any one of these above ideas is something I am potentially interested in running with a chill group of folks who don't take themselves too seriously, cause I certainly dont take my self seriously anymore).  I run my games using roll20's features to the fullest (dynamic lighting, rolling from character sheets, maps and sometimes even music and sound effects.  I prefer roleplay over combat (60/40 in favor of roleplay), and I have what might be considered slightly more than what would be considered /healthy/ interest in the transformation school of magic. For most games I use the content found on the PFSRD extensively.  1st Party content nearly without restriction, 2nd party (officially licensed) with a bit more review and 3rd party and homebrew only on serious examination and possibly with major tweaks, cause both are rarely balanced well. I will be using the Elephant in the Room rules, Background Skills (with lore, artistry and skill tricks allowed) and simplified spellcasting.  Unchained Classes are allowed, Summoner uses normal class with unchained spells.  Synth summoners are allowed, but mass summoners are not (like true necromancers, packmasters or broodmasters). If you are interested feel free to reach out to me on roll20 and I look forward to hearing from you all!
Hey I am interested in joining, I got some experience in Pathfinder 1e/ 2e - but most actually in dnd 5e which I am very tired off atm cause I just finished DMing a 2 year campaign.  I am mostly interested in your Curse of Stradh (Have never played that one), anyway , if you wanna know more message me! :)
I'm very interested if you go with Strahd. I've only a little PF1e experience, but TONS of D&D 3.5 experience. Even though I've only played a little PF1e, I've read a ton of it and the first question I would have asked you would have been if you use Elephant in the Room, hahaha. If you wish to contact me you can reach me here, you'll get a response more quickly on Discord where I am also JoeCold. 
how many players are you looking for? i got some that are interested in this.
I am truly sorry for being delayed.  This week has kinda been the week from H E L L.  We currently have three players, whom are still mulling over what they are playing. The game of choice seems to be the pathfinder 1e Modern Magic option.  Which will have a Shadowrun 2012 meets (old) World of Darkness.  Basically, magic is returning and resultant fall out has not yet had a chance turns nations upside down, nor turn reality into a pretzel. If any of you are still interested the basic character creation rules and initial set up is as follows: Level:  2 or 4 (Haven't fully decided). Point Buy: 20 (The players are beefy compared to normal humans.) Initial Race: Human Evolved Races: (Various Pathfinder races being unlocked by magic's return). The Player may have their character become one based on bloodlines. System: This game will be run in Pathfinder 1e.  It will be using mechanics set forth in the d20 modern books (essentially converting d20 modern to pathfinder). 3pp / House Rules: Elephant in the Room is in effect, Commonplace Guns, Background Skills, Unchained Rogue and Barbarian, Regular Summoner (with Unchained Spells), Psionics allowed (Only Psion, Wilder, Psychic Warrior,  Soulknife or Kineticist).  No Mass Summoning Classes (True Necromancer, Broodlord or Packmaster Archetypes).  Leadership is allowed however only 1 active player cohort may be involved in combat at a time.  And some limitation may be placed on feats or class abilities which may be easily exploited. Materials: PF SRD, d20Modern SRD, Pathfinder Modern books (yes even that creepy one with modern Amazons).  Certain approved 2nd and 3rd Party Books may be used upon request. Traits: 2 (3 with a Drawback/Flaw) [No Extra Cash, only one trait per category] Flaw: As many as desired, but only 1 grants a trait. Gear: Everyone begins play with the option of having a basic vehicle, a small apartment, a cellphone, tablet, and a basic kit based on their profession.  Specific item's may be purchased.  d20 Modern uses U.S. dollars (i think), and the credit system.  In building your adventurer's kit for the modern world, I'd suggest finding a copy of How to Survive the End of the World and an Ace Hardware big book of inventory BS. Firearms: Although the game uses commonplace guns optional rules I am restricting ownership of firearms.  They can easily break games when allowed unrestricted.  At the start of the game, only those whose professions would dictate the need of a firearm can start with one.   After the start of the game they can be acquired by legal or illegal means.  However, if you start using the gun as a swiss army tool to solve every problem... There will be problems.  This game is regrettably not in Los Santos. For those still interested feel free to speak up here or reach out to me on Discord.  @TobyFox2002#1527.  Also, please be aware I know I have extra players.  For that reason, I may decide to start a second game on a different day.
Are you essentially "Isekai"ing everyone that does the PF1e option, without truck-kun.

Edited 1699992898
Toby
Pro
Hm.. Not really Isekai...  More like making everyone into gate-closing "cultivators"  They dont jump worlds or reality, and they are certainly not reincarnating.  Though, not gonna lie.  I'd love to run an anime-style main character syndrome game some day.  But Pathfinder doesnt really feel like it would work.  There isn't nearly enough room for the amount of plot-armor required for narrative combat within the d20 system. :P
Exalted would probably be perfect for that.
Erik M. said: Exalted would probably be perfect for that. Not familiar with that system; but its like World of Darkness but without all that nasty unpleasant paradox right?
Saturday Game is full!   Thank you for all your interest.  Once the game gets running and such I might be doing another advert.  Or I may be switching to the P2Play forums because well.  I am on a fixed income and I need money.  I'll make my mind up in a week or so. Also @Erik M. or @Krusarderp, were you saying that an Isekai or LitRPG style game (heavy main character OP'ness and systematized (real world with menu's and screens).  Is that something that interests you?

Edited 1700141144
It's an interesting idea but the time's too late for me (assuming it would be a similar time to your saturday game). Was just chiming in with a recommendation for something that might work well for your idea. Toby said: Erik M. said: Exalted would probably be perfect for that. Not familiar with that system; but its like World of Darkness but without all that nasty unpleasant paradox right? There's some mechanical similarities, but the setting is vastly different; heavily anime-inspired pulp-fantasy sword & sandals stuff, where the characters are inheritors of the power of the ancient heroes who slew the primordial deities that created the world. The 3rd edition has a better mechanical base, especially for very cinematic and/or narrative combat. The 2nd edition had setting modules for modern day or space opera, and fans have converted the mechanics from those to 3e.