Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to read content I've purchased

Hello, first post. I'm soon going to be running an in-person game, and thought I'd try running it through a Virtual Tabletop, and was offered a way to buy the module through Roll 20 for a bit cheaper than buying directly. I thought, why not since I was going to be trying a VTT anyway. My issue is that, I've bought the material, but now can't seem to actually find out how to read it. I created a game and imported the first book, thinking that might be the issue but...it wasn't. I can now at least see the book's content, but its divided up so I can't actually do things like flip through it reading the whole thing, but instead open each section individually. Is this the only way?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Books converted ofr Roll20 are usually done so with the intent of facilitating their use in running the game in the VTT. You don't get the equivalent of a pdf where you can read the book in a manner similar to the print version. Monsters and spells for instance are broken out into drag and drop packages, though they are usually accessible from the table of contents. The main text is usually set for page-by-page reading, but a lot depends on who did the conversion and when.
I'm afraid that's how most modules and other resources appear here. I purchased the new Curse of Strahd module a while ago, planning on using it for a future campaign, and I'm almost* willing to buy the hardcopy version to go along with it. *  Almost ... I'm cheap and it takes a LOT of discomfort or inconvenience for me to shell out extra cash just to make things easier for myself :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The reading experience is usually better accessing from the external compendium page.
Which module are you specifically referring to?