Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

random macros?

I have three macros that use recursive tables to fill out a mad-lib style dream sequence. How can I create a macro that calls one of them at random, so that I get a completely random dream sequence each time? I just can't seem to figure it out. 
This might work (have not tried it myself): You could create a rollable table that has your Macros as entries. If you Roll on that table depending on the outcome the Macro will be executed. Luke D. said: I have three macros that use recursive tables to fill out a mad-lib style dream sequence. How can I create a macro that calls one of them at random, so that I get a completely random dream sequence each time? I just can't seem to figure it out. 
Luke, since you are a Pro user, you could do this with Mods. I can offer an example with  the ScriptCards mod . In this example, there are 3 macros as abilities on a character and it whispers a button to the GM to run the macro corresponding to the die roll in the ScriptCard. !scriptcard {{ --/|Runs a randomly chosen macro from the macro list --/|Macro list is a comma separated list --/|VARIABLES TO SET --&MacroCharacter|MuleTest --&MacroList|MacroOne,MacroTwo,MacroThree --#title|Random Macro Roller --#whisper|gm --~|array;fromstring;MacroArr;,;[&MacroList] --~ArrLength|array;getlength;MacroArr --=i|1d[&ArrLength] --+|[sheetbutton]Roll Random Macro::[&MacroCharacter]::[@MacroArr([= [$i] - 1])][/sheetbutton] }} The result looks like this: There are probably other ways to accomplish the same result but this is a way to do it. If you already have your macros on a character sheet, all you need to do is change the variables at the top of the ScriptCard to your character's name and to a comma separated list of the ability names and you're set.