Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Image Library needs a management tool

Score + 46
Hello, I've been a Roll20 user for a VERY long time. 8 years apparently. I have a metric amount of old uploaded images and I have reached my image quota. There are a lot of problems with editing inside Roll20's image library. I've been going through the process of deleting a lot of old images and it has been immensely tedious. Why do I have to enter a campaign and then work within another window just to edit my image library? Why? I have to deal with objects, maps, etc. Why can't I use my full screen? We need a fully dedicated page under the Tools section of the main website. So the image library can be edited completely outside of a launched campaign. It would be nice to use a full screen to upload images, delete images, move images around folders, reorganize folders, etc. At least an update of the image folder system because it does not function properly. I cannot move images already uploaded into a new image folder? Why? Is there something wrong with the system? It's been like this for years. My friends have the same issue. It just doesn't work. My image library would be far more organized by now if it did work. Also, I have recently had problems with deleting images in the current system. I need to open a support ticket for it. I clicked the "Stop reminding me I'm deleting things" box and now nothing will get deleted. At all??? I can't delete my old images now. It's very frustrating and tiring that a core part of the website is jank. Especially after using it for 8 years. I do not code anymore, but the image library editing of the website is embarrassing. The image library system is something almost every single game uses. We needed a proper overhaul and it feels like it's been ignored for too long. We got super cool compendium integrations, general UI overhaul, and alternate character sheet formats. But I literally beg you Software Gods, please fix the image library! I'm literally begging PLEASE FIX IT P.S. If you think I am joking, go upload an image and then make a new image folder. Try to put the image in it. Completely busted.
+1. AND while at it, make the library available EVERYWHERE (even outside campaigns)! WHY? The new Characters feature (previously Character Vault) Banner Images for new campaigns (if you want to reuse an image already uploaded) Removing Duplicates of the same image (see point 2) ...
+1
A proper interface for managing my image library would be a godsend. I have dozens of games at this point, and while I do try to keep my assets organized on upload, sometimes I am just in a hurry and everything gets thrown in there. Managing assets from the current interface is terrible . And needing to do it from inside of a game seems unnecessary.
+1, running into this now.
+1, YES!  I've got a lot of images that were loaded for one shots, and it's a pain to sort though, find them, and manage them. It would also be nice( not sure if it's possible ), to get a "where used" list for the images.  As in, what games is this image used in
JUMPGATE time to get this on the road
+1! Indeed, it would be great to have a way to better identify if an asset is already linked/used in a game. Sort of red dot in front of or after the asset. Then hoovering over it with the mouse pointer you see the games listed :D Wonder if that is programmable for roll20 ... The warning you currently get: "...his item will be permanently removed from your library and all games it's used in. ..." This is not much of help IMO. :/ 
For clarification ... that's meant to be just an add to the initial posts' requests :) Am one the the GMs that quickly upload a picture to be used in an handout or for a NPC. Then months later I do not find this pic in my library (because am not that patient and do not like to spend much time searching), so potentially I upload it again just to save time.  Now my understanding is that the file is physically uploaded to my library and eating up space of my quota two times. Being able to identify which asset is used in which game would help me cleaning up the library from duplicates.