Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New Content for the Free Art Library!

Edited 1704819537
Dean
Roll20 Team
Hi folks! Exciting news: we've given the Free Art Library its first major content overhaul! Now, when you open your Roll20 Art Library, you'll be greeted with a fresh and diverse selection of free art assets. Our aim is to enhance the initial experience for new users and showcase a wider range of high-quality art styles right from the start. We're spotlighting a broader array of artists to give you a taste of different artistic expressions. Prefer the old library? No problem!  All legacy packs can be claimed for free here: Roll20.io/Legacy-Art-Library While a price tag may show on these items, you can click the Claim Your Free Token Set button to claim them completely for free. Once claimed, they'll show up under your Marketplace Purchases folder, and are yours forever! Discovered an artist you love in the new library?  If you enjoy any of the new assets, you can support the artist and purchase their complete packs on the marketplace, here: Roll20.io/Free-Art-Library  . The free art library is made up of a few select items from each of these packs! Feedback I’d love to hear what you think about these changes. Feel free to share your thoughts in this thread, which I’ll leave open for the next 30 days. I’ll consider any updates from there. Thank you for being a part of Roll20 and supporting our incredible community of artists! Edit: Known Issue If you'd previously added any of the Legacy Free Art to your My Library,  it will still show in My Library , but it is not possible to drag and drop it to the VTT. We are investigating, but in the meantime, here is a workaround: Right-click any item in My Library that won't drop, select Resize, click Continue. Now it should be able to drag and drop again with no issues.  Adding it to any folder also works around this bug.
Some of the items in My Library are now missing! The images are there in in the list but I cannot drag them onto the VTT. I don't have time to trouble shoot this right now, especially since it is related to this new library thing and I am a customer, not a paid employee. Note, I think that these items still exist in my Premium Assets list.

Edited 1704735566
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Hultz,&nbsp; Are you grabbing by the name or by the image?&nbsp; Are they formerly part of the Free Assets category?&nbsp; What I think might have happened:&nbsp; You had right clicked on a (formerly) Free Asset image, Copied it to Library.&nbsp; That image in the Library might now be broken since you no longer have it in the Premium Assets - Free Assets section.&nbsp; I don't think "Copy to Library" actually copies it, just puts a "shortcut" in referencing back to the Premium Assets image. Reason being that it has no storage size when you go to delete it.&nbsp; If that is the case, please go to <a href="https://roll20.io/Legacy-Art-Library" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.io/Legacy-Art-Library</a>, claim the pack the image is in, and then see if your library version works again. If it doesn't it might need to be re-added to the Library from the Premium Assets - Marketplace Purchases section. Edit: see post below

Edited 1704736342
Dean
Roll20 Team
Hultz (Keeper of Secrets) said: Some of the items in My Library are now missing! The images are there in in the list but I cannot drag them onto the VTT. I don't have time to trouble shoot this right now, especially since it is related to this new library thing and I am a customer, not a paid employee. Note, I think that these items still exist in my Premium Assets list. Hi Hultz! Apologies for the issue. I'm going to explore this further, but for the meantime, you can work around this by right-clicking any item that won't drop, selecting Resize, hitting OK, and then it should be able to drag and drop again with no issues!
If we had access to the Art + Token of purchased products, now that is what I would call progress... -.- Besides having us re-claim every free packs once again, what's actually new with this? o.O
Neo said: If we had access to the Art + Token of purchased products, now that is what I would call progress... -.- Besides having us re-claim every free packs once again, what's actually new with this? o.O Hey Neo! Thanks for the feedback :)&nbsp; The previous art library was mostly from 1 single artist, was the oldest content on the platform, was a confusing navigation experience, and didn't follow any particular naming conventions.&nbsp; The new art library is from dozens of artists, featuring more modern VTT standards, in a variety of styles, with much clearer navigation and a singular naming convention. My hope is that people will be able to not just find what they need more easily when coming to Roll20, but have many more ideas about styles and possibilities spark in their mind!
Dean, ...you can work around this by right-clicking any item that won't drop, selecting Resize, hitting OK, and then it should be able to drag and drop again with no issues! Thank you, this works.
Dean said: Neo said: If we had access to the Art + Token of purchased products, now that is what I would call progress... -.- Besides having us re-claim every free packs once again, what's actually new with this? o.O Hey Neo! Thanks for the feedback :)&nbsp; The previous art library was mostly from 1 single artist, was the oldest content on the platform, was a confusing navigation experience, and didn't follow any particular naming conventions.&nbsp; The new art library is from dozens of artists, featuring more modern VTT standards, in a variety of styles, with much clearer navigation and a singular naming convention. My hope is that people will be able to not just find what they need more easily when coming to Roll20, but have many more ideas about styles and possibilities spark in their mind! Ohhh ok.&nbsp; I guess it just looked pretty much the same way as before for me. And having to re-claim felt a tad weird -.-

Edited 1704751531
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Dean, So... everything that shows up in the link you provided <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/search?tag=Unique%20Status:Free%20Art" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/search?tag=Unique%20Status:Free%20Art</a> is free even if they have a price listed and have a 'Buy Now' option? example;

Edited 1704810400
Dean
Roll20 Team
vÍnce said: Hi Dean, So... everything that shows up in the link you provided <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/search?tag=Unique%20Status:Free%20Art" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/search?tag=Unique%20Status:Free%20Art</a> is free even if they have a price listed and have a 'Buy Now' option? Hey Vince! The Free Art is only what's included in the in-VTT Library. The link is for the purpose of displaying all the complete packs from which the Free Art library is sourced. Its purpose is to help folks find and purchase the complete packs if they liked that style or theme. The full packs themselves are not meant to be free, only the few samples from each!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you for the clarification.
Of all the f*d up s*t to do, taking away my free tokens THAT I REGULARLY USE; you removed them from my library.&nbsp; Now I have to waste my time to go back and download them all again.&nbsp; Didn't anyone think about giving people a choice?&nbsp; "Get new tokens, keep old tokens, delete old tokens" You're lucky Roll20 is so easy to use (and free).&nbsp; I've already thought about other VTT options that offer support to the games I use.&nbsp; Roll20 already has removed support for one of my games.&nbsp; Not a happy customer right now.&nbsp; Fortunately all my "old" tokens in my games still function as far as I can tell.
vÍnce said: Hi Dean, So... everything that shows up in the link you provided <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/search?tag=Unique%20Status:Free%20Art" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/search?tag=Unique%20Status:Free%20Art</a> is free even if they have a price listed and have a 'Buy Now' option? I was confused by that as well... while I am appreciative of the newly-available assets, the way it's presented is a bit misleading, in my opinion.

Edited 1704806742
Dean, A bit meager, don't you think? I really wonder what is the point in REMOVING the Former FREE ASSETS form the "Free Assets" Section, only so we have to CLAIM them AGAIN (IGNORING the Price Tag!) and thanks to that they now appear unter "Marketplace Purchases"... GREAT... really great... NOT! WHY NOT give us FOLDERS instead for the OLD ONES and KEEP them in the FREE ASSETS spot?! And also THX for the INCOMPLETE Token Packs there, IMO a huge step backwards!

Edited 1704806824
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi TheMarkus1204,&nbsp; The new organization of the Free Assets is not by pack, it is by type. So "01 Heroes and Villains" is not an Art Pack, it is a grouping of various artwork that falls into that category. It comes from many different art packs and many different artists.&nbsp; My guess is that it is the new architecture of the new Free Assets categories that necessitated moving the old Free Assets out.&nbsp;

Edited 1704807994
Gauss said: Hi TheMarkus1204,&nbsp; The new organization of the Free Assets is not by pack, it is by type. So "01 Heroes and Villains" is not an Art Pack, it is a grouping of various artwork that falls into that category. It comes from many different art packs and many different artists.&nbsp; While that is true, you now have different styles of tokens in there and you can not search for one specific art style! It is just all mixed up! Besides: 1 Folder now for each group... and what is the PATHFINDER set doing there then?! Logically speaking it needs to be SPLIT UP and included in the folders above! And as said, IMO a huge step backwards! It WOULD be nice IF there were SUBFOLDERS for the different ART PACKS, so at least you KNOW what you are in for! OR maybe 1 Subfolder PER ARTIST and all the Tokens / Maps etc. below that. In its current state it is unusable for me! Please see also my valid criticism for the FORMER free Assets packs that are now included (that is, if you claimed them again) under the "Marketplace purchases" although those are FREE PACKS! Also when opening the Legacy Art Library Link you see PRICE TAGS for EVERY ONE OF THOSE FREE Packs... And here is the FUNNY part: Clicking on those lets you directly claim them. So you don't even have the OPTION to pay for those... So WHY the Price Tag there?!
Gauss
Forum Champion
TheMarkus1204 said: Gauss said: Hi TheMarkus1204,&nbsp; The new organization of the Free Assets is not by pack, it is by type. So "01 Heroes and Villains" is not an Art Pack, it is a grouping of various artwork that falls into that category. It comes from many different art packs and many different artists.&nbsp; While that is true, you now have different styles of tokens in there and you can not search for one specific art style! It is just all mixed up! Besides: 1 Folder now for each group... and what is the PATHFINDER set doing there then?! Logically speaking it needs to be SPLIT UP and included in the folders above! And as said, IMO a huge step backwards! It WOULD be nice IF there were SUBFOLDERS for the different ART PACKS, so at least you KNOW what you are in for! OR maybe 1 Subfolder PER ARTIST and all the Tokens / Maps etc. below that. In its current state it is unusable for me! Please see also my valid criticism for the FORMER free Assets packs that are now included (that is, if you claimed them again) under the "Marketplace purchases" although those are FREE PACKS! Also when opening the Legacy Art Library Link you see PRICE TAGS for EVERY ONE OF THOSE FREE Packs... And here is the FUNNY part: Clicking on those lets you directly claim them. So you don't even have the OPTION to pay for those... So WHY the Price Tag there?! I don't know why the Devs have price tags there, I did not address that. I am not a Dev.&nbsp; You seemed to be unaware that the construction of the new Free Assets was different, I was informing you that it is different.&nbsp; Frankly, I don't see a problem with the Free Packs being under the Marketplace Purchases, it follows the standard setup for Claimed items.&nbsp; The free assets given to Pro accounts over the last year in Free Assets, so I never understood why it was separate anyhow. The old system was archaic and confusing.&nbsp; Additionally the new setup for the Legacy Free Assets gives people a choice whether to claim them or not, that isn't a bad thing.&nbsp;

Edited 1704809318
So you prefer the mixed styles of tokens under those folders? And if you claim new items they just get added to those existing folders so what is the gain? you end up with 5 huge folders that you cannot sort or anything like it! Besides: IF one wants to purchase the complete set for one or more of those tokens included there, HOW does one know, which pack he / she needs to buy?! Don't get me wrong: I LIKE the Idea of splitting those up into different TOP LEVEL folders, BUT without subfolders even if you don't claim any new Item there is to claim, it WILL get messy pretty soon! And btw. you could INCLUDE a HANDOUT in each of the subfolders with the LINK to the full Pack in Marketplace! OR will those new claimed items NOT be included in those folders but as with the Pathfinder Folder a separate one and below them all? THEN I don't see any advantages of those! Gauss said: TheMarkus1204 said: Gauss said: Hi TheMarkus1204,&nbsp; The new organization of the Free Assets is not by pack, it is by type. So "01 Heroes and Villains" is not an Art Pack, it is a grouping of various artwork that falls into that category. It comes from many different art packs and many different artists.&nbsp; While that is true, you now have different styles of tokens in there and you can not search for one specific art style! It is just all mixed up! Besides: 1 Folder now for each group... and what is the PATHFINDER set doing there then?! Logically speaking it needs to be SPLIT UP and included in the folders above! And as said, IMO a huge step backwards! It WOULD be nice IF there were SUBFOLDERS for the different ART PACKS, so at least you KNOW what you are in for! OR maybe 1 Subfolder PER ARTIST and all the Tokens / Maps etc. below that. In its current state it is unusable for me! Please see also my valid criticism for the FORMER free Assets packs that are now included (that is, if you claimed them again) under the "Marketplace purchases" although those are FREE PACKS! Also when opening the Legacy Art Library Link you see PRICE TAGS for EVERY ONE OF THOSE FREE Packs... And here is the FUNNY part: Clicking on those lets you directly claim them. So you don't even have the OPTION to pay for those... So WHY the Price Tag there?! I don't know why the Devs have price tags there, I did not address that. I am not a Dev.&nbsp; You seemed to be unaware that the construction of the new Free Assets was different, I was informing you that it is different.&nbsp; Frankly, I don't see a problem with the Free Packs being under the Marketplace Purchases, it follows the standard setup for Claimed items.&nbsp; The free assets given to Pro accounts over the last year in Free Assets, so I never understood why it was separate anyhow. The old system was archaic and confusing.&nbsp; Additionally the new setup for the Legacy Free Assets gives people a choice whether to claim them or not, that isn't a bad thing.&nbsp;

Edited 1704809585
Gauss
Forum Champion
Discussing this across two threads is getting too repetitive. I posted my response to the comments in your other thread. But to summarize, I don't see a problem with the new setup (other than the price tag on free items, that really needs clarification), and I see advantages.&nbsp;
Gauss said: Discussing this across two threads is getting too repetitive. I posted my response to the comments in your other thread.&nbsp; Since this is the Main Thread, how about writing here?

Edited 1704810293
I disagree with A. It takes all of a couple minutes to find the pack since there are at most only a few packs.&nbsp; Take Devin Night's offerings. Set the search to the link as described in the Read Me. Then add Devin Night to the search. There are only 4 packs to look through, takes a couple minutes.&nbsp; It would be better if there were more information so that a user didn't have to search, but there is only so much information that could be listed there.&nbsp; I also disagree with B, subfolders would make it practically unusable. You'd be opening subfolders for every few images. [Quote from Gauss from the other thread!] Ok... So. Assume you have the above setup and already have 30+ Items in one of those folders. Now you claim another set that gets added to the FREE assets. Instead of 30+ Items, you now have 80+ Items. Now you want to look for ONE specific token out of the bunch to use (and that token needs to have a specific style to it. You know it is there but you cannot easily search for it!). Have fun doing that mid-game. If those folders stay like that and everything else gets added below, fine by me. But what is the point then? And besides: IF you purchase the whole pack, it will get added under "Marketplace purchases" again... So buy all those and the "Free Assets" category itself is no longer needed... AS said, I like the Idea of having different folders for those groups of assets and YES, I do see an advantage in that. But right now it is - at least for me - unusable!
Gauss
Forum Champion
What you are saying is not how it works. You do not claim sets that get added to Free Assets. Claimed sets get added to Marketplace Purchases.&nbsp; Free Assets is for the preview of samples from Art Packs, there is no way to add to those.
TheMarkus1204 &nbsp;said: you end up with 5 huge folders that you cannot sort or anything like it! Thanks for the feedback. When deciding on the new structure, I spent a lot of time looking at the previous structure, and how to improve the experience overall. Here are some of the main pain points, and solutions. Previously, there were 30 folders of mixed and matched content types, split across many packs, some with unclear names such as Freebies, Essentials, Appetizer Platter. The new setup condenses those into 5 simple categories: Heroes, Monsters, Townsfolk, Maps, Objects. Previously, the naming of these items was inconsistent, and many times unclear, such as tokens named purely in acronyms.&nbsp; Now the items are very clearly named, consistent, and tagged appropriately.&nbsp; Previously, there was primarily 1 artist, with 1 style, from 10 years ago, forcing all new players into using 1 style out the gate no matter what their preference was. Now there are dozens of artists across multiple styles, including a greater diversity of types of characters and content, matching modern expectations. Previously, there was no way to hunt down more from some of these artists packs, without scouring their entire library. Now, there is a curated link that displays all the packs from all the contributing artists, to help people find and expand their libraries while supporting our community of artists much more directly. Here's a before and after shot, which displays some of the differences I mentioned above. I understand that it's a change, and that for those who want to continue actively utilizing the legacy content, there is now one layer of friction in claiming those packs for free. I understand for some that's not the ideal situation, but once claimed, it's fully yours in your personal library forever. I do believe these changes are incrementally positive, and that this sets more players and creators up for success.&nbsp; Happy to hear any more feedback for considering future iterations!
Will those Previews for those sets STAY free forever OR do they change from time to time so that you need to purchase the pack if you make use of those few? And what happens if you used those tokens and they change? Do you have still access to them even without the pack purchased? Dean said: TheMarkus1204 &nbsp;said: you end up with 5 huge folders that you cannot sort or anything like it! Thanks for the feedback. When deciding on the new structure, I spent a lot of time looking at the previous structure, and how to improve the experience overall. Here are some of the main pain points, and solutions. Previously, there were 30 folders of mixed and matched content types, split across many packs, some with unclear names such as Freebies, Essentials, Appetizer Platter. The new setup condenses those into 5 simple categories: Heroes, Monsters, Townsfolk, Maps, Objects. Previously, the naming of these items was inconsistent, and many times unclear, such as tokens named purely in acronyms.&nbsp; Now the items are very clearly named, consistent, and tagged appropriately.&nbsp; Previously, there was primarily 1 artist, with 1 style, from 10 years ago, forcing all new players into using 1 style out the gate no matter what their preference was. Now there are dozens of artists across multiple styles, including a greater diversity of types of characters and content, matching modern expectations. Previously, there was no way to hunt down more from some of these artists packs, without scouring their entire library. Now, there is a curated link that displays all the packs from all the contributing artists, to help people find and expand their libraries while supporting our community of artists much more directly. Here's a before and after shot, which displays some of the differences I mentioned above. I understand that it's a change, and that for those who want to continue actively utilizing the legacy content, there is now one layer of friction in claiming those packs for free. I understand for some that's not the ideal situation, but once claimed, it's fully yours in your personal library forever. I do believe these changes are incrementally positive, and that this sets more players and creators up for success.&nbsp; Happy to hear any more feedback for considering future iterations!
Brett said: I was confused by that as well... while I am appreciative of the newly-available assets, the way it's presented is a bit misleading, in my opinion Appreciate the feedback. I've cleaned up the language a bit based on the feedback, hopefully that makes it more clear!
TheMarkus1204 said: Will those Previews for those sets STAY free forever OR do they change from time to time so that you need to purchase the pack if you make use of those few? And what happens if you used those tokens and they change? Do you have still access to them even without the pack purchased? Anything that is free to you will stay free! The only changes that could occur in the future are additive: more items, styles, structures, etc.&nbsp;
Hultz (Keeper of Secrets) said: Dean, ...you can work around this by right-clicking any item that won't drop, selecting Resize, hitting OK, and then it should be able to drag and drop again with no issues! Thank you, this works. Glad to hear it! We've explored and found that this is a general bug that can effect tokens in the My Library in general, not simply just the Free Art Library. We have everything we need now for a complete ticket and will get it prioritized for work. Thanks for the report, and helping expose the issue!
A bit of a shock at first but now I see that some of the Free Assets have been moved to Marketplace Purchases such as the recent Gabriel Pickard's Appetizer Platter. This doesn't really make sense to me because for me it was a free item but now that I know where it went I'm okay with it.

Edited 1704895147
Suggestion: INSTEAD of an Image (that you cannot open in the library directly but instead need to drag it to the VTT Area and resize it only to be able to read it properly) that welcomes everyone to the "new" Art Library and shows the links to both new and legacy Art Library, make it a Handout or something else. EDIT: And maybe you want to remove those Price tags for the Legacy Art Library:
I really don't want to have to redownload stuff I have been using on a weekly basis. Would have been better to make this an option instead of mandatory.&nbsp;
Gauss
Forum Champion
Mira said: I really don't want to have to redownload stuff I have been using on a weekly basis. Would have been better to make this an option instead of mandatory.&nbsp; Hi Mira, You are not downloading anything. You are simply claiming it. It will be in your Art Library just like any other Marketplace art pack, including how the free packs used to present (except their location will be in Marketplace Purchases rather than Free Assets).&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
And to clarify, as always, none of the free assets count against your storage quota.
After Re-Claiming them, they appear under "Marketplace Purchases" in your games and as said, they don't count against your Quota. HOWEVER you are able to download some of those Packs to use whereever you want. But this is limited to certain packs. Mira said: I really don't want to have to redownload stuff I have been using on a weekly basis. Would have been better to make this an option instead of mandatory.&nbsp;
I like the new structure. I would really enjoy some SciFi-asssets though.
Mirco said: I like the new structure. I would really enjoy some SciFi-asssets though. Heard! Thanks for the feedback! Additionally, to make it easier for folks who want to claim the entire Legacy library, there is now a complete legacy bundle for you, so you only need to claim one to claim them all :)&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29016/legacy-art-library-bundle" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29016/legacy-art-library-bundle</a>&nbsp;
How about fixing the "+from the web powered by google " most of the time it just shows a bunch of crap that is not relevant to the search and is not even half as good as a google image search. but really if i am pay $10 a month to you guys there should be a libary of literally every thing i ever need to play the game included in that price. i shouldnt ever need to upload any common things and i should have a huge selection of map, dungeon tiles and rooms free too.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Firewinds of the Suns said: How about fixing the "+from the web powered by google " most of the time it just shows a bunch of crap that is not relevant to the search and is not even half as good as a google image search.&nbsp; Hi Firewinds of the Suns! Can you screen shot where you are seeing the "Found from the web" images? It was my understanding they were removed. The Google image searches were a long-deprecated feature. In the first year of Roll20's existence, that was a real Google image search, and would return largely the same sorts of images you would see on a regular Google Image Search. Then Google changed its API policy and it became impossible to provide searches in this manner while embedded in another app like Roll20. However, the results of the last image search were still fair to use, and Roll20 took a "snapshot". That snapshot is now over a decade old and has many broken links, and even the ones that are still viable reflect a time when VTT assets were in their infancy.

Edited 1705105785
Gauss
Forum Champion
Firewinds of the Suns said: How about fixing the "+from the web powered by google " most of the time it just shows a bunch of crap that is not relevant to the search and is not even half as good as a google image search. but really if i am pay $10 a month to you guys there should be a libary of literally every thing i ever need to play the game included in that price. i shouldnt ever need to upload any common things and i should have a huge selection of map, dungeon tiles and rooms free too.&nbsp; Just to clarify here, that isn't what the $10 a month is for.&nbsp; Here is a LINK to what is included in a Pro account. Summary:&nbsp;Increased storage, increased Compendium Sharing, Dynamic Lighting, No Loadscreen Ads, Shared Table features (all players benefit), Unlimited importing of characters (All Access Roll20 Characters), Transmogrifier, Reserve Reward, Custom Character Sheets, Mod (API) access, and Early Access None of that is providing Modules, Addons, Maps, Dungeon Tiles, or Rooms.&nbsp; That might come occassionally via the Reserve Reward, but that is an unknown reward every month.&nbsp;
Gauss said: Firewinds of the Suns said: How about fixing the "+from the web powered by google " most of the time it just shows a bunch of crap that is not relevant to the search and is not even half as good as a google image search. but really if i am pay $10 a month to you guys there should be a libary of literally every thing i ever need to play the game included in that price. i shouldnt ever need to upload any common things and i should have a huge selection of map, dungeon tiles and rooms free too.&nbsp; Just to clarify here, that isn't what the $10 a month is for.&nbsp; Here is a LINK to what is included in a Pro account. Summary:&nbsp;Increased storage, increased Compendium Sharing, Dynamic Lighting, No Loadscreen Ads, Shared Table features (all players benefit), Unlimited importing of characters (All Access Roll20 Characters), Transmogrifier, Reserve Reward, Custom Character Sheets, Mod (API) access, and Early Access None of that is providing Modules, Addons, Maps, Dungeon Tiles, or Rooms.&nbsp; That might come occassionally via the Reserve Reward, but that is an unknown reward every month.&nbsp; All that is quite obvious Gauss, but my point being is our $10 a month pro could be used to make the product better by adding more tokens maps and tiles to the new library, since the stuff is literally free all over the internet and people would love to donate art for Roll20 to use. imagine paying for a super mario brothers game and then&nbsp; having to buy the gifs for the turtles maps and mushrooms extra.&nbsp; It is just how MySpace died when facebook came out , Roll20 might collapse when the next better thing comes out if it is not improved.&nbsp; &nbsp; Roll20 is quickly losing market share to other VTT platforms and there seems to be less users in the lfg sections and join a game sections.&nbsp; Instead of having a bunch of hall monitors telling you that you cant post discord links in the lfg section - (which we do to try to get people to play games and use roll20)&nbsp; - how about making the audio video and game chat in roll20 do everything discord does so much better now.&nbsp; &nbsp;how about making the product function better and have everything GMs need to run a game.&nbsp; how come if you drag your token out on the map it wont land but if you drag your name out the token lands?&nbsp; &nbsp;how about an eraser tool in the art tools like macintosh computers had in 1985? how about a chat lobby to meet players in who are wanting to play right now ? there are lots of room for roll20 improvements instead of just cashing them membership checks.&nbsp;

Edited 1705205753
Gauss
Forum Champion
Firewinds of the Suns said: All that is quite obvious Gauss, but my point being is our $10 a month pro could be used to make the product better by adding more tokens maps and tiles to the new library, since the stuff is literally free all over the internet and people would love to donate art for Roll20 to use. imagine paying for a super mario brothers game and then&nbsp; having to buy the gifs for the turtles maps and mushrooms extra.&nbsp; It is just how MySpace died when facebook came out , Roll20 might collapse when the next better thing comes out if it is not improved.&nbsp;&nbsp;Roll20 is quickly losing market share to other VTT platforms and there seems to be less users in the lfg sections and join a game sections.&nbsp;Instead of having a bunch of hall monitors telling you that you cant post discord links in the lfg section - (which we do to try to get people to play games and use roll20)&nbsp; - how about making the audio video and game chat in roll20 do everything discord does so much better now.&nbsp; &nbsp;how about making the product function better and have everything GMs need to run a game.&nbsp; how come if you drag your token out on the map it wont land but if you drag your name out the token lands?&nbsp; &nbsp;how about an eraser tool in the art tools like macintosh computers had in 1985? how about a chat lobby to meet players in who are wanting to play right now ? there are lots of room for roll20 improvements instead of just cashing them membership checks.&nbsp; How exactly would Roll20 add all the "free" content that is on the internet? They don't have the rights to that content. And if search engines like Google aren't willing to work with Roll20 (see Keith's post) then there is no way to do that either.&nbsp; Really, if you want to search for content on the internet all you need to do is head over to Google, search it, then save that and upload it to Roll20.&nbsp; In any case, this is probably best in a Suggestion Forum thread.&nbsp;
Yeah, this was a terrible move.&nbsp; &nbsp;Lots of cool new tokens , Thx.&nbsp; &nbsp;But yall goofed when you took my old tokens and are making me do stuff to get them back.&nbsp;
keithcurtis said: Firewinds of the Suns said: How about fixing the "+from the web powered by google " most of the time it just shows a bunch of crap that is not relevant to the search and is not even half as good as a google image search.&nbsp; Hi Firewinds of the Suns! Can you screen shot where you are seeing the "Found from the web" images? It was my understanding they were removed. The Google image searches were a long-deprecated feature. In the first year of Roll20's existence, that was a real Google image search, and would return largely the same sorts of images you would see on a regular Google Image Search. Then Google changed its API policy and it became impossible to provide searches in this manner while embedded in another app like Roll20. However, the results of the last image search were still fair to use, and Roll20 took a "snapshot". That snapshot is now over a decade old and has many broken links, and even the ones that are still viable reflect a time when VTT assets were in their infancy. Sure keith , it kinda worked with a few results for dragon, but not on most searches as you can see here . mainly gets this crappy website dandjini.com with the wrong answers so maybe if it excluded them it would be better. maybe roll20 only ruined it on game templates to get people to buy marketplace crap, but i use the default template
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Dundjinni used to be a very popular mapping app with a forum rich in assets. It was at the height of such popularity when the saves were frozen (for the reasons indicated above).&nbsp; I would ignore the From the Web results if this is unsatisfactory (I hadn't used them in so long that I almost forgot they existed.) Instead, just use a regular external google image search. You'll get much more modern results and a huge number of them, especially if you include a keyword like "VTT". Roll20 cannot legally include an actual Google Image search internally.

Edited 1705341495
Gold
Forum Champion
Right, what keith said, and also: use the new Free art that's in Roll20, and use the new method to re-authorize the Old Free Roll20 art packs, and use the Free art that comes with Firewinds' existing PRO account, and claim the Roll20 Reserve products that are given to the PRO subscribers every month, month after month. These are accessed under the +Premium Assets +Marketplace Purchases Expand those 2 dropdowns and you'll have a LOT more to work with, compared to the small amount that's under +From The Web . Remember to claim your Roll20 Reserve every month for having PRO, which will just keep adding more to those +Dropdowns in your Art Library. Watch the Roll20 Community Forums, Announcement category, at the start of each new month (or pay attention to your Roll20 emails) to claim those.&nbsp; With all those options at hand, you should only need to try Google Image Search for more obscure or very specific images. There is no need to make Google your first stop for free-and-ready tokens, especially if you're Roll20 PRO, despite the breakdown of +From The Web results.&nbsp;
I could &nbsp;be imagining this, but... Just today I looked at some maps I made before all of this...maps that used the old art as monster tokens. It seems that those tokens disappeared. So now I have to check each of my maps to make sure the monsters are still there...and where not, add them back in. Sigh. Has anyone else had this problem? Allen
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Allen,&nbsp; Did those tokens have associated characters?&nbsp;
I did not explicitly create characters (I don't use Roll20 character sheets). But I edited the token properties (added hp and AC). Does that automatically create an associated character sheet? Allen
Gauss
Forum Champion
Characters don't necessarily require you use Character Sheets, as Characters predate the use of Character Sheets on Roll20.&nbsp; However, if you did not associate a token with a character sheet and it's image is gone there may be no way to reclaim it.&nbsp; If you find you are missing some tokens then I suggest filing a report with the Devs via the Help Center . They may be able to determine if there are any phantom tokens in your game that might be the result of missing art library images.&nbsp;