Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Add-On Organization

Score + 34
Hello, I have been on R20 for a long time and have alarge number of Add-on products in my inventory. The more I acquire the more difficult it can be to set up a game and select the correct add-ons. When setting up a new game, it would be very beneficial to 1) have the add-on products listed alphabetically, 2) remove them from the list of selectable add-ons once they are included in the game, & 3) allow the user to sort/folderize the list and save/transmogrify the list to new games (so that game product lines can be seperated, as well as content seperated to the needs of the user). Thank you
Gold
Forum Champion
Wow, yeah, that would be powerful for organization of my Add-Ons collection. +1 for the ideas. Just to share the quickest, shortcut, in case anyone didn't know this, there is a Search at the top of the Add-Ons drop-down menu on your game details page where you install them.  So for me, having a lot of Add-Ons, the fastest way to find the one I'm looking for is open the drop-down menu and start typing a word from the Title of that Add-On. Of course you have to remember the product Titles for this to work.
Hi - could your theme merge with that one? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11686778/folders-to-organize-marketplace-purchases" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11686778/folders-to-organize-marketplace-purchases</a>
+1
Tanis said: Hi - could your theme merge with that one? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11686778/folders-to-organize-marketplace-purchases" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11686778/folders-to-organize-marketplace-purchases</a> They could be merged if it helps get them fixed, but they are asking for two different things. I'm asking for improvements in adding add-ons to your game for GM's, where they are asking for improvements to organize marketplace purchases (which I also support).
Thanks for the +1.&nbsp; I use the searching too, when I can remember the name (and spell it right). It gets more difficult the more add-ons you own, both remembering what you've already added and all the names. Gold said: Wow, yeah, that would be powerful for organization of my Add-Ons collection. +1 for the ideas. Just to share the quickest, shortcut, in case anyone didn't know this, there is a Search at the top of the Add-Ons drop-down menu on your game details page where you install them.&nbsp; So for me, having a lot of Add-Ons, the fastest way to find the one I'm looking for is open the drop-down menu and start typing a word from the Title of that Add-On. Of course you have to remember the product Titles for this to work.
Yes, once the add-ons hit a certain point I'm finding it very difficult to manage and find the add-ons I want. It would be ideal to have an organization tool outside of the VTT where you could organize your add-ons but also have access to all the various art, handouts and characters. This would make it easy to see the details before pushing the addon into a Game. Perhaps you could even use this tool to push selected items from an addon only. For example if you wanted only the NPC list from an addon. Or just a portion of an adventure. Then you wouldn't need to pull in the whole thing and delete or manage the rest.

Edited 1709830457
Agree with this and I wish I had a vote to add! Having the add-ons in a dropdown list was fine when there are only a few to pick from, but right now I have 62 &nbsp;in my list, all in semi-random order. Being able to at least sort them alphabetically would be a help; a list similar to the one under Compendium Selection would be even better. tyson m. said: Yes, once the add-ons hit a certain point I'm finding it very difficult to manage and find the add-ons I want.
Gold
Forum Champion
It's a good point tyson, and for now the best way to achieve something like that is, Create Game and install some, all, or as-many as you want of your Add-Ons. In that game you'd have all the benefits (that tyson asked for), such as access to the Art, Handouts, and Charters.&nbsp; From there as a PRO subscriber you can use Transmogrify tool to move selected elements that you want, into another active Game, such as only an NPC, or just a portion of an adventure.&nbsp; tyson m. said: It would be ideal to have an organization tool outside of the VTT where you could organize your add-ons but also have access to all the various art, handouts and characters. This would make it easy to see the details before pushing the addon into a Game. Perhaps you could even use this tool to push selected items from an addon only. For example if you wanted only the NPC list from an addon. Or just a portion of an adventure. Then you wouldn't need to pull in the whole thing and delete or manage the rest.
THIS!! Would also be awesome to add more than one add on at a time!
Oh, yeah, a way to manage and organize addons. +1 to this idea.
Not being able to organize it is actually becoming a dis-incentive to purchase more items because it's too difficult to keep track of.&nbsp;
+1.&nbsp;
+1.
+1.