Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map-making Software?

DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Is there a list of map-making software that is not permitted to sell maps from?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
HI DnDPlay20! Are you on hte Marketplace Creator Discord? If not, that is an excellent place to ask that question. In general, the first place to check is what the policy of the software is regarding commercial sale, and if its assets are likewise controlled. Beyond that, I don't know off the top of my head if Roll20 itself has a policy on map-producing software.
keithcurtis said: HI DnDPlay20! Are you on hte Marketplace Creator Discord? If not, that is an excellent place to ask that question. In general, the first place to check is what the policy of the software is regarding commercial sale, and if its assets are likewise controlled. Beyond that, I don't know off the top of my head if Roll20 itself has a policy on map-producing software. Where does one find the discord link? I could have sworn I saw it advertised by Roll20 in one of their pages on becoming a content creator when I first started considering selling the adventures I create for my group. But I can't seem to find it anymore.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gilgamesh said: Where does one find the discord link? I could have sworn I saw it advertised by Roll20 in one of their pages on becoming a content creator when I first started considering selling the adventures I create for my group. But I can't seem to find it anymore. I think the invite is sent as part of the on-boarding process. I'm not sure anymore, because it was a Slack board when I first started, became a Discord, and then a larger Discord when One Bookshelf was added. You do need to be a Marketplace Creator to join.
keithcurtis said: Gilgamesh said: Where does one find the discord link? I could have sworn I saw it advertised by Roll20 in one of their pages on becoming a content creator when I first started considering selling the adventures I create for my group. But I can't seem to find it anymore. I think the invite is sent as part of the on-boarding process. I'm not sure anymore, because it was a Slack board when I first started, became a Discord, and then a larger Discord when One Bookshelf was added. You do need to be a Marketplace Creator to join. Ahh ok, thanks. I was trying to get a few more things ready before officially putting that in, but good to know it'll come when I do.