Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

moving player's with ribbon serious problem

Edited 1707516185
trying to move my players from page to page has become nearly impossible with this new ribbon, i drag the ribbon and drop it on a new page but it dosnt work. it takes multiple attempts or just wont work forcing us to break mid game waiting on it to work, idk if there is some lag but the ribbon just jumps back to the starting page. i dont understand why there is not a right click move players in the cog settings of a page.
not to mention moving pages around is a pain, it just wants to move them into a folder. why cant i simply move a page over to another spot

Edited 1707521980
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi christopher p.,  Which ribbon are you using? The old ribbon (now recolored yellow/gold) on the page or the new ribbon in the top right corner?  If you haven't tried the new ribbon please give it a try. It may solve the issues you are having. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi christopher! The new ribbon does require you to move it substantially over the page you are moving it too. The old ribbon just had to be at the edge of the new page. It's possible you are working against muscle memory of the old behavior. If you get into the habit of moving it fully onto the new page, you should eliminate the false start of a failed page load. Likewise, the new behavior of moving pages is more similar to arranging app icons on a modern cell phone interface. Overlapping creates a group, rather than shoving the neighbors out of the way. Again, training your fingers to remember this and move the page into the gap between the other pages should eliminate accidental folder creation.
Gold
Forum Champion
I just tested it, in light of this post, to test if there is a lag. I use it every week normally without noticing.  Yes i would agree there is a small lag, and a Green-Plus symbol appears over the page when the ribbon is ready to drop on that page. So I would say try what Gauss said first, or secondly just try waiting (hovering and holding) over the page for about half-a-second before you let go. 
thanks guys i am using the gold ribbon how do i use the new ribbon? also im not seeing a green plus symbol when i move the ribbon
try dragging it to the CENTER of the Map you want the players to be on... This should work! christopher p. said: thanks guys i am using the gold ribbon how do i use the new ribbon? also im not seeing a green plus symbol when i move the ribbon

Edited 1707660193
just a small demonstration video (no sounds). I guess i am too slow to notice any form of lag.
I always use the flag on top of all folders instead of the smaller bookmark on the page. But both options work just fine...
Yes the flag on top is the easiest to use as it is always there in the same place.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, the only time I use the little flag is when it's a shorter trip for the mouse, i.e. a map one or two maps away from the current.
Gold
Forum Champion
keithcurtis said: Yeah, the only time I use the little flag is when it's a shorter trip for the mouse, i.e. a map one or two maps away from the current. By the way, keith, do you know if the Green Plus that I see (when holding the dragged Gold Ribbon over the Page icon) is a Mac / Chrome cursor, or, what that particular signal would look like on Windows? 

Edited 1707710291
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gold said: keithcurtis said: Yeah, the only time I use the little flag is when it's a shorter trip for the mouse, i.e. a map one or two maps away from the current. By the way, keith, do you know if the Green Plus that I see (when holding the dragged Gold Ribbon over the Page icon) is a Mac / Chrome cursor, or, what that particular signal would look like on Windows?  I'll update this post with a Mac screenshot later, but here it is on Chromebook. I'm not sure if I ever really noticed that green plus. Not sure what it's supposed to actually mean.

Edited 1707723724
Seeing a plus Icon in a small grey box and a select box when dragging the golden Flag to a certain map... Way more Interesting is, that if you drag the flag to a map and there are folders, those folders change colors from blue to black. Due to the way the screenshot was made (Snipping Tool), the Icon sadly is not visible...

Edited 1707726952
Win 11 Home Ed and Firefox, I don't get a + sign of any description.  There is a dotted edge rectangle below the yellow marker as I drag it over the map page, but nothing to say you're good to go.  I even zoomed in to 260% or something equally ridiculous just to be sure.  Not a problem, it works just fine and seems to acccept the flag as long as it is wholly on the new page icon, but I always move it to the middle anyway as I'm never in that much of a rush to change pages : ))

Edited 1707727213
Gauss
Forum Champion
I can confirm the + sign does not appear on Firefox, seems a minor bug with Firefox in that regard.  It appears in Chrome though.  I suggest filing a bug report via the Help Center to inform the Devs that the new Page Toolbar does not have a "+" when moving the ribbon while using Firefox.  Alternately you might try posting in the Page Folders thread . 
Hi Gauss I can't say I've ever missed it having never known it existed, but I will pop a Help Centre report in as I can definitely see it being useful to others, particularly new Roll20 users.  BW :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
TheMarkus1204 said: Due to the way the screenshot was made (Snipping Tool), the Icon sadly is not visible... I got mine by doing a video capture, and then doing a screen capture on a freeze frame during playback.
Gold
Forum Champion
The reason for the Green Plus (or possibly other symbols on other browsers) is to say This is a valid place to Drop whatever it is you're dragging. You get a similar symbol on, say, youtube when you drag a Video file to their Upload box. It's saying yes, you can drop that here.  The Black Folders change is to let you know it's Not a valid target to drop what you're dragging. Meaning, you can't drop the Gold Player Ribbon onto a Folder icon. This coloration is commonly called "greyed out" to indicate invalid target.  TheMarkus1204 said: Way more Interesting is, that if you drag the flag to a map and there are folders, those folders change colors from blue to black. keithcurtis said: I'm not sure if I ever really noticed that green plus. Not sure what it's supposed to actually mean.