Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trying to use Sheet Workers for prompting a customizable dice roll.

Cc
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm currently creating a custom character sheet for a Hollow Knight TTRPG as to make the attack process go more smoothly, and I've run into a bit of a hurdle with where to go next. No errors yet, I've just been unable to find the right code for what I need done. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! The sheet has already calculated a "minimum attack roll" value (I don't need code for that, just the next parts). Clicking the “Attack!” button will: 1) Generate a pop up window that asks the following: Is any additional stamina being dedicated? Asks for a number; adding that many dice to the final attack roll. Checkbox for if this attack is “Paired”. -1 attack die if checked. A "Confirm" button in the pop up window. 2) Player clicks “Confirm”, and the code maths out: "Minimum Attack #" + "Stamina Dedicated #" - 1 (if Paired was checked) = Final attack dice 3) It will then roll that many d6s, and will post in public chat the total number of "successes" rolled (5's and 6's). I'm not sure if I'll need to use API for this. If that ends up being the case, is there any way for API to automatically detect values from a custom character sheet? I probably won't be able to respond until Thursday, so an early thank you to anyone who wants to help out!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It sounds like you will need Custom Roll parsing - you don't need the API. Generally speaking, if what you want can be done with a macro, use a roll button and put the macro in value="[macro]" If what you want can't be done with a macro, but can be done with the API, use an action button and custom roll parsing. There are some things that can be done with the API that can't be done with custom roll parsing, but not many, and this isn't one of them.