Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[EncounterHelper] Some Issues with EncounterHelper

Edited 1708432941
Hello, I am quite new using API. However I am trying a pro account to enrich my games. I have a few (and maybe strange) issues with EncounterHelper that I have not seen here. I have followed the video tuto to create my encounter. It seems to work well. However I have being a bit lazy and have not test all the encounters I have created before playing. All seems to work well (creation, list, charactectics, group initiative...), but - the option to show token is not working, even if I have a message in the chatbox : " (From EncounterHelper):   Encounter entree moved to active/shown layer(s). Group-Init " that seems fine and  no error in the mod console. However the option of hiding tokens is working. - Resetting the encounter is not working also and the script crash with the following error in the mod console: ReferenceError: thisObj is not defined ReferenceError: thisObj is not defined at apiscript.js:3329:21 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at resetEncounter (apiscript.js:3321:22) at apiscript.js:2932:45 at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:168:1), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:168:1), <anonymous>:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1762:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) What I have tried: - to erase the Encounter Token and recreate it and the encounter; - to erase encounter and to create it back with a new name; - to create an encounter with only one creature; Maybe I am doing something wrong. If you have any idea or maybe have you encountered this kind of trouble before? Thanks reading.
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
Are you creating your encounters on the Token layer or the GM layer? EncounterHelper remembers where the tokens came from, so if you create them on the GM layer to begin with, they will "move" to the GM layer when revealed.
Thank you for the quick reply! Indeed, it was the solution. My bad. Now it is working well, except the reset button, but it was not primordial for me. Thanks for your help.