Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Alien RPG - Free League (Compendium wont load?)

Hey Folks! I own the Alien RPG Core Rulebook and the compendium doesn't want to load at all.  Anyone else have trouble with this? M
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sorry to hear that Michael. I was one of the contractors on the Alien Compendium and sheet. Can you give me some more information to help you out? What browser are you using? How are you accessing the compendium?
It doesnt seem to load as part of compendium settings. It has to be done as part of adding content (ex modules) to you R20 game.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
hmm, so you mean when you just add the sheet, the compendium is not available in your game?

Edited 1708457965
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Brian,  Could you go to Roll20.net Click the name of your game Click Settings then Game Settings Scroll down to Compendium Settings and click on that?  Please verify that "Compendium System" is set to Alien the Roleplaying Game Then verify that "Share my compendium with players?" is set to "Yes" Finally, please verify that your books are enabled (set to "Green") If you make any changes please click Save Compendium Settings Then check to see if your compendium works. 
That is correct, the compendium would not show in the game. Only way I got it added to see in the game was to add it from the "add content" dropdown, where you add modules and such.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
hmm, ok, that's definitely a bug. I'll double check the sheet data to make sure it's connected to the right compendium. Also, just to double check, which alien sheet are you using?

Edited 1708602871
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
Right now playing Alien RPG in Roll20 is very confusing. If you play the Starter Set or Destroyer of Worlds you have to use the community sheet without access to the official compendium, and some missing content, because with the new sheet you will get empty stats in module characters. If you are playing Heart of Darkness module you need to use the new sheet to get stats populated properly and also access compendium to drag into the game all the NPCs that are missing when you create a game using the module. In this case is not possible to check any compendium entry inside compendium itself you have to drag it in the game or the sheet to show the content. I have recently submitted a ticket about this problems and some other stuff that doesn't look right, everything seems confusing  and frustrating with this game contents and the way they are set up.
I managed to get everything working with the new sheet, and get the compendium up and running - at least on a homebrew game. Looks like as Sr. K said above that the starter set & destroyer of worlds need an update that has yet to come haha. I had to toggle the "new compendium" a couple of times for some reason to get things to start showing up and even now it sometimes won't let me into it. The big problem now is something different all together where I updated some old character sheets and now any roll that *could be pushed is coming up in the chat window with heaps of code on top of it. I'll make a separate post.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Michael,  Does the old compendium work correctly? If so you may want to use that. The new compendium is a work in progress and may have issues. 
All is well now - seems to be a bit janky sometimes, but it does load.
I'm still running into problems getting compendium / heart of darkness to work.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Brian T. said: That is correct, the compendium would not show in the game. Only way I got it added to see in the game was to add it from the "add content" dropdown, where you add modules and such. Just submitted an update to potentially fix this, I'll be testing it once it goes live to double check. MoNeart said: I'm still running into problems getting compendium / heart of darkness to work. Hmm, looks like the template for ship data display is missing for some reason. I'll take a look at that.