Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Stonecunning added to history skill check.. make it permanent?

So I modified the history skill check to add stonecunning in a query, but I added it directly to "history_roll" value in "Attributes & Abilities".  This works perfectly, but as I understand it, this will get wiped out when I level up my character and will have to be reentered.  Is there a way to make a change like this "permanent" so it does not get wiped out when I level up with the charactermancer? new value for history_roll:  @{wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{history-u}}} {{mod=@{history_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{intelligence_mod}[intelligence]+?{Is Stonework| No,0 | Yes,[[@{pb}+@{pb}]] }[stonecunning]@{pbd_safe}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[@{d20}+@{intelligence_mod}[intelligence]+?{Is Stonework| No,0 | Yes,[[@{pb}+@{pb}]] }[stonecunning]@{pbd_safe}]]}} {{global=@{global_skill_mod}}} @{charname_output}

Edited 1708553528
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Al G.,  There are several options here:  1) Use Tools instead of changing the attribute. Place Stonework in Tools.  2) Use a Macro for skills instead.  3) Don't use the Charactermancer to level up.  4) If the Campaign Owner has a Pro account you can use a Mod (API Script) such as ChatSetAttr to change the attribute back to what you want after leveling up with the Charactermancer.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Option 1 is probably easiest and most bulletproof.
Gauss said: Hi Al G.,  There are several options here:  1) Use Tools instead of changing the attribute. Place Stonework in Tools.  2) Use a Macro for skills instead.  3) Don't use the Charactermancer to level up.  4) If the Campaign Owner has a Pro account you can use a Mod (API Script) such as ChatSetAttr to change the attribute back to what you want after leveling up with the Charactermancer. Thanks for reply Gauss... 1) what is tools? 2) I like using the character sheet, it provides more organization than just skill checks... I would need to see an example of how this would work. 3) I spent $100's of dollars on roll20 content for the convenience of having everything I want.  If I was just going to cut and paste a sheet together I could go back to 5e.tools and cut and paste...But, no thanks... 4) Ohhh...this sounds promising... How do I go about learning to do this?  
keithcurtis said: Option 1 is probably easiest and most bulletproof. OK...so Apparently, this is something I need to learn... Where do I go to begin my journey to "Tools"?...

Edited 1708557697
Gauss
Forum Champion
1) Tools are on your character sheet below the Attributes/Skills and above Proficiencies. 2) My players all have macro buttons, one for Ability checks (like Strength), one for Skills, one for Saves, etc. Press the button, select the Attribute, Skill, or Save it pops out the check just as if you had pressed the button on the sheet.  My players prefer it because they don't have to constantly reference their sheet to do those things. The sheet takes up screen space.  3) Roll20 Content is not just in the Charactermancer, it is also in the Compendium. I find the Charactermancer to be buggy so I prefer the Compendium instead. You can drag/drop things such as race and class abilities, items, spells, etc. from the Compendium to the sheet. But, that is just my personal preference.  4) Does your Campaign Owner (usually GM) have a Pro account? If not then it won't help.