Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Solo Oracles

I'm trying to setup a series of Rollable Tables with specific features for Room size/shape/features/traps and secret doors/exits, and I want to create a macro that will pull results from those tables, but only use each result once per roll. In other words I don't want it to pull the same tunnel exit 4 times. Any help would be appreciated. I've been able to create some macros use !rt and [Xt[[Table-Name]] and that works but requires me to double check the results and manually remove duplicate results
Gauss
Forum Champion
Some context: I suggested that wesley relocate their post to the Mods (API Scripts) forum and that Scriptcards might be the best solution. But, not being a scripter I cannot take it farther than that. 
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I suspect that ScriptCards and its new Storage feature will allow you to keep track of which entries you have used, removing the need for Rollable Tables.  I haven’t used it yet, but it uses Mule characters in the Journal to store data. I use the older settings storage feature so the headings of my 13th Age Glorantha monsters match their token borders. 
ScriptCards  has a number of features that might be able to make this work depending on what you prefer for your setup. One possible option that comes to mind is using one of the  built-in array functions, fromtable  to pull your table into a ScriptCard array  and then use one of the  Roll variable options  to roll unique results. XuY 3u8 Roll a Y-sided die X times, but only generate unique values. If X is greater than Y, only Y dice will be rolled.   Perhaps you can describe how you would prefer this to work. In your ideal world, you click the macro button and then what happens? What is the output like?
As an example, I want to click a button and have this type of output. You enter a room: Rectangle 30x60 and there are exits to the North, East and West. Features to be explored/found: Hidden Treasure (Int (Investigation DC 15)), Spike Trap (Investigation DC 15/Dex (Thieve's Tools/Sleight of Hand DC 16)), Treasure (Int (Investigation DC 10). This would be generated from three Tables: Room Shape: Round [[d10r<2]] or Rectangle[[d10r<2*5]] x [[d10r<2*5]], Directions: N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW, and Features: Treasure, Secret Doors, Traps, Wandering Monster, Random Encounter, Nothing. Thanks for all the help. I tried using Script Cards a while back but couldn't get them to work consistently.