Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Frustration with Explorer's Guide to Wildemount

I purchased the digital copy of explorer's guide to Wildemount and could not be less impressed. First of all I am unable to share the compendium with other players (see screenshot). It is my only game as DM so I should be able to share with up to 5 players. I figured it would be easy to throw maps of the continent or cities in for my players. It IS NOT! I can save the image and upload, but it has no sense of distance for the regional maps. Shouldn't there be an easy way to get these uploaded when I spend $30 on premium features?

Edited 1708717202
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Paul,  Regarding the compendium sharing I suggest filing a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center  as the bug report forum is primarily for users helping users.  Regarding uploading images, could you explain the problem further? Perhaps provide some screenshots? 
Gauss
Forum Champion
I would like to confirm something regarding compendium sharing. Are you clicking yes then clicking Save Compendium? Or are you clicking yes, then trying to click the available slot?  The proper procedure is to click yes then click Save Compendium. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Paul! Although it is the only game you are GMing, is it the only game you have created? Is it possible you have another game taking up that sharing slot, even if it is not actively being used? (Normally, this should be indicated on that settings page section you made a screen shot of, so I'm not sure what is going on there.) In any case, the module has nothing to do with compendium sharing. It may or may not have compendium content (most non-Roll20-produced modules do not), but sharing of any available compendium is controlled by subscription, and compendium chosen, usually auto set by the sheet choice. Since you have chosen the 5e compendium as the game's compendium, all 5e materials should be available. Since they are not, it does mean that something is up with compendium sharing in general, not Wildemount in specific. According to the marketplace entry for the $30 bundle, there should absolutely be compendium material available. If you can't find another game using your 5e compendium slot, I would suggest following Gauss' advice and filing a  Help Center Request . The team should be able to sort out the issue.

Edited 1708724871
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I just tried this with a different game, and I think the problem might be in the interface. I clicked "share this compendium" and indeed was seeing the "forbidden" cursor of "Compendium Sharing Spot Available". However, after clicking "Save Compendium Settings", after the page refresh, it showed that the compendium was being shared. Try those steps and see if it reads correctly after that. I mess with that setting so rarely that I don't remember if that behavior is new.
Thank you Keith... it worked!