Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

System Schock Table

Edited 1708957275
A B.
Pro
Hello together, i have a System Schock Table, where my Players need to roll on, if they get a hit which exceeds more then 50% on their Max HP.  Some Enemies also are effected by this. Is there a way, that the player klicks his token, press on a macro and then he makes a constituion saving throw cr 15. if he fails it, automaticly it is rolled on one table and shows the result in the chat? Sry for my bad english, hope it is clear what i want :) Thanks!
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi A B.,  Yes, this is possible. But I need to know which character sheet are you using first. If you don't know the name please supply a screenshot. 

Edited 1709017110
A B.
Pro
Hey, i use D&D 5E by Roll20

Edited 1709021515
Gauss
Forum Champion
Here you go:  1) Make a table and call it 1SystemShock Make one item in it with the name: No System Shock 2) Make a table and call it 0SystemShock Fill out the table with the various entries you need. Each entry name should have the text of what happens when you fail the check.  Example for entry one: You are stunned for one round.  (I don't know what entries you are using, that was just an example) 3) For players, create an entry in Global Saves, name it "-" (without quotes). Put "0" (without quotes) as the value. Checkmark it. Tell them to never turn it off.  4) Make a Macro or an Ability Macro and call it something like System Shock Check (up to you) It should contain this: &{template:default} {{name=System Shock Check}} {{Check=[[1t[[[{1d20+[[{@{selected|npc},10}<0]]*(@{selected|global_save_mod}[Global Save Mod]+@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}) +[[{@{selected|npc},0}>1]]*@{selected|npc_con_save}}>15]] SystemShock ]]]}} {{Adv/Dis Check=[[1t[[[{1d20+[[{@{selected|npc},10}<0]]*(@{selected|global_save_mod}[Global Save Mod]+@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}) +[[{@{selected|npc},0}>1]]*@{selected|npc_con_save}}>15]] SystemShock ]]]}}  {{Rolls=$[[3]] / $[[8]]}} What it will do: It will account for the difference between attributes in NPC vs PC character sheets. It posts the rolls afterwards for verification (people like to see their rolls). It will check against the table, posting No System Shock in the case of a success or posting the roll of the System Shock table in case of a failure. What this will not do: It will not check how much damage is being dealt and whether or not it needs to roll the check. For that you need a Mod (API Script). It will not include the Global Save Mod. If you need it to do that I can come up with a version that will do that.  Edit: I fixed it so that it will have Global Save Mod for PCs, see new instructions above.  Note: It will roll the Global save dice twice, once for normal and once for Advantage/Disadvantage. Normally it rolls it one time and applies it equally to both sides. I am not able to make it do that.  How it works:  There is an attribute that is called NPC, it is the flag that determines if the character sheet is on the PC side (sets to 0) or NPC side (sets to 1).  [[{@{selected|npc},10}<0]] checks to see if it is set for PC (NPC flag is set to 0).  If it is set for PC then the result is a 1.  Then: 1*(@{selected|global_save_mod}[Global Save Mod]+@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}) = the PC's global save + PC's constitution save bonus Otherwise, a resulting 0 would nullify the entire section above.  Similarly:  [[{@{selected|npc},0}>1]] checks to see if the NPC has a flag of 1. If it does the result is 1, if it doesn't the result is 0.  Then: 1*@{selected|npc_con_save} from there, the entire check is {1d20+bonuses}>15, a success = 1, a failure = 0. (again, the 1 or 0 switch).  Next, rollable table, by creating two tables we can address them differently.  On a success we get 1SystemShock, which rolls on that table.  On a failure we get 0SystemShock, which rolls on the other table. 
Hey, what do you mean with  3) For players, create an entry in Global Saves, name it "-" (without quotes). Put "0" (without quotes) as the value. Checkmark it. Tell them to never turn it off.  Sorry im a bit new in this kind of things:)
Gauss
Forum Champion
Global Save Modifier:  1. Click the cog to get to the settings section. 2. Cick the checkbox to turn on Global Save Modifiers. Then click the cog (#1) again.  3. Click the + sign to create a new entry.  4. For the name put "-" (without quotes), for the Roll put "0" (without quotes).  Then you can click the cog next to #4 to close it.  Reason: If your player turns on/off the Bless, it will change the rolls section I put in the Template above because with nothing there there is no Global Saving Throw Modifier. So we need a permanent global modifier there to always occupy space, even if Bless is not on at the moment. 
Thanks! :-)