Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I can't duplicate character sheets for everyone can see and edit on my 5e dnd game

I can't duplicate character sheets for everyone can see and edit on my 5e dnd game, I do it for my friends can create their characters for the campaing without I need to stay online as DM, and the character sheet is not repeating as the previous one.

Edited 1708980920
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi RumbleBR,  I am not entirely clear on what you are describing. Could you provide a step-by-step breakdown of what you are doing and how it is not working as expected? Perhaps with a screenshot?
If I am following you correctly, RumbleBR, you are duplicating a character sheet for your players to use for their character?  If this is the case, you can create a blank character sheet for each. You will then need to assign a character sheet to each player in the game for them to be able to see and edit it.
Gauss said: Hi RumbleBR,  I am not entirely clear on what you are describing. Could you provide a step-by-step breakdown of what you are doing and how it is not working as expected? Perhaps with a screenshot? I am trying to say I am creating a character sheet for everyone can edit and see, and I am trying to duplicate this chracter sheet for everyone can pic one and edit, but when I duplicate a character sheet with everyone permission to edit, create a duplicate wich only the DM haver permission to edit, and not a copy like the previous one.

Edited 1709012776
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, let me see if I understand correctly:  You set up a character sheet that everyone can edit and see.  You duplicate the character sheet.  The duplicate does not have the permissions for your players to edit and see?  This is correct behavior, it should not have permissions for your players to edit and see. You will need to assign them.  Additionally you will need to fix the token as it will still be linked to the original character sheet, not the copy.
Gauss said: Ok, let me see if I understand correctly:  You set up a character sheet that everyone can edit and see.  You duplicate the character sheet.  The duplicate does not have the permissions for your players to edit and see?  This is correct behavior, it should not have permissions for your players to edit and see. You will need to assign them.  Additionally you will need to fix the token as it will still be linked to the original character sheet, not the copy. yes, they are not getting the permission, I need to put by myself the permission, I am DM from a discord server, soo I have alot of players everyday, soo is very frustrating can't duplicate the character sheet without everyone permission to edit and see.
Gauss said: Ok, let me see if I understand correctly:  You set up a character sheet that everyone can edit and see.  You duplicate the character sheet.  The duplicate does not have the permissions for your players to edit and see?  This is correct behavior, it should not have permissions for your players to edit and see. You will need to assign them.  Additionally you will need to fix the token as it will still be linked to the original character sheet, not the copy. This has never been the case before though? Up until a few days ago, I used to be able to copy a character and the setting for "In Player's Journals" and "Can be Edited and Controlled by" would copy over as well. Me and several other dms used to be able to do this, now when we copy our blank editable characters it does not copy over the access anymore. This is a real pain when trying to create some quick blanks for people to edit now.

Edited 1709409195
Gauss
Forum Champion
Chibi M. said: This has never been the case before though? Up until a few days ago, I used to be able to copy a character and the setting for "In Player's Journals" and "Can be Edited and Controlled by" would copy over as well. Me and several other dms used to be able to do this, now when we copy our blank editable characters it does not copy over the access anymore. This is a real pain when trying to create some quick blanks for people to edit now. I don't remember that being the behavior, but that doesn't mean it wasn't. If that was the previous behavior you experienced and now it is not behaving that way then it may be a bug. In that case please file a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center .  It may be a change due to the new Roll20 Characters system. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Chibi M. said: This has never been the case before though? Up until a few days ago, I used to be able to copy a character and the setting for "In Player's Journals" and "Can be Edited and Controlled by" would copy over as well. Me and several other dms used to be able to do this, now when we copy our blank editable characters it does not copy over the access anymore. This is a real pain when trying to create some quick blanks for people to edit now. I noticed this as well.  I recently submitted a help request and I'm fairly certain (hard to verify because I deleted some old emails that included roll20 related correspondence...) that the response I got back from roll20 was that they were aware of the problem and were working on it.  This was in the last couple weeks.