Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][D&D 5e][LGBTQ+][EST] Looking for long term LGBTQ+ friendly 5e group

Edited 1710159738
I'm a gay furry DnD player looking for a long term group of people I can trust not to be weird about it and as a bonus are LGBTQ+ themselves as well. More about myself is that I'm 23, and feel I have solid understanding of the game but do not have too much experience other than short attempts with friends that did not pan out and my last group who I played with for a fair bit, but the DM has become busy and it was put on hiatus. I am an artist, and I have made DnD characters for the fun of it even if I don't imagine I'd get to play them. It's fun. For a short time I played some d20 Modern back when I was 17 or so, (we wanted to play Shadowrun but hated the actual system) but I don't imagine that's relevant to 5e experience.   Generally, I think I would prefer to be in the Forgotten Realms or a similar setting but I would be also open to a modern fantasy setting as well. (Bonus if it's white collar themed. I kinda have a type with my characters AKA well-dressed. Though I'd have to workshop new characters/adjust existing ones. Why did I mention this weirdly specific bit? Saw a mafia themed group that looked fun but it was pay to play so. Nope.) Generally, I favor RP over focusing on mechanics, but there does need to be a balance. I specifically do not want to do Mines of Phandelver or Dragon of Icespire Peak as I'm coming for a group entering an indefinite hiatus that combined those two together. Overall any time is good for me as I have too much free time, but I would vastly prefer for it to not be early morning EST. I should also mention I'm fine with with both new (preferably Level 3 or 5+) and in-progress campaigns. 
Good Day,  I am a DM for a game that has recently lost a player.  We are roleplay heavy with it balancing out to 70/30 Rp to combat. I would say that the game is a 7.5 on a scale of serious (10) to silly (1). We do have our silly moments and can occasionally break character if something pops into mind. I love secrets and have encouraged every player to have one in their backstory. I take the backstories seriously and build the world around them. This is a complete homebrewed world that is influenced by my other campaigns. We do understand that life happens and I just ask for as much notice as possible if you need to miss. If you need to walk away from the table we understand and just ask you drop a BRB in the group chat so I don't call on you while you are away. I use some safety tools and continuously check in with the table on their happiness at the table.   We are  LGBTQIA+ friendly as most of the people at the table are part of the rainbow community. We play every other Tuesday at 8:15 PM EST. We are at level 11 and about 2 years into the campaign ( 44 sessions) with at least 2 years left. Maybe more depending on if adding in another characters backstory adds more adventure to the world.  Basic Story Plot -  We are in the year 1333 ATF (After the Fall). The world has gone wilder each year after the Gods lessened their influence on the plane of Vala. In a campaign known as the War of the Shadow God. The tale goes that Sila the Goddess of Chaos and Change got bored and decided to play with the humanoids on the plane of Vala and tripped a servant at a meeting of the heads of the various countries of that time who was carrying wine that dropped over the Queen of Shizdusharb and the Emperor of Elerias laughed. This created a ripple effect that caused a world war. The country of Kingdom of Tiregul 's technology vastly out measured the others. Many innocents died and the lands were decimated. The Gods intervened and sealed her away to lessen her effect on the plane. And they shut themselves beyond the "Great Window" meaning they can see their believers but their influence on the world has lessen and continued to fade away over 1300 years. This is why the High Clerics are so important. They are the few of each god's magical influence on the world. The conducts of each god's power to their clerics, paladians, etc. Current Campaign - Through various means this group has been working together with the aid of the Goddess Sehanine and a family of moonstone dragons from the Feywild to figure out who is the group that keeps attacking high clerics, along with other shady deals going on.  Of course this is a rough summary but the basic points are there. 
I guess my main question is: for any homebrew settings, how much would I have to rework characters made with Faerun in mind? That's a big worry I have. If all else fails, I can make a new character but it will take some time to flesh him out.
Katie H. said: Good Day,  I am a DM for a game that has recently lost a player.  We are roleplay heavy with it balancing out to 70/30 Rp to combat. I would say that the game is a 7.5 on a scale of serious (10) to silly (1). We do have our silly moments and can occasionally break character if something pops into mind. I love secrets and have encouraged every player to have one in their backstory. I take the backstories seriously and build the world around them. This is a complete homebrewed world that is influenced by my other campaigns. We do understand that life happens and I just ask for as much notice as possible if you need to miss. If you need to walk away from the table we understand and just ask you drop a BRB in the group chat so I don't call on you while you are away. I use some safety tools and continuously check in with the table on their happiness at the table.   We are  LGBTQIA+ friendly as most of the people at the table are part of the rainbow community. We play every other Tuesday at 8:15 PM EST. We are at level 11 and about 2 years into the campaign ( 44 sessions) with at least 2 years left. Maybe more depending on if adding in another characters backstory adds more adventure to the world.  Basic Story Plot -  We are in the year 1333 ATF (After the Fall). The world has gone wilder each year after the Gods lessened their influence on the plane of Vala. In a campaign known as the War of the Shadow God. The tale goes that Sila the Goddess of Chaos and Change got bored and decided to play with the humanoids on the plane of Vala and tripped a servant at a meeting of the heads of the various countries of that time who was carrying wine that dropped over the Queen of Shizdusharb and the Emperor of Elerias laughed. This created a ripple effect that caused a world war. The country of Kingdom of Tiregul 's technology vastly out measured the others. Many innocents died and the lands were decimated. The Gods intervened and sealed her away to lessen her effect on the plane. And they shut themselves beyond the "Great Window" meaning they can see their believers but their influence on the world has lessen and continued to fade away over 1300 years. This is why the High Clerics are so important. They are the few of each god's magical influence on the world. The conducts of each god's power to their clerics, paladians, etc. Current Campaign - Through various means this group has been working together with the aid of the Goddess Sehanine and a family of moonstone dragons from the Feywild to figure out who is the group that keeps attacking high clerics, along with other shady deals going on.  Of course this is a rough summary but the basic points are there.  Hey, I dunno if you'll see this or not, but if either you or OP were still looking for players, I would be interested in joining. I'm very experienced, been playing different editions since highschool. (3rd is my favorite module),