Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Altering AlterBars

Hi Using AlterBars, I've built a Sanity loss macro that asks for the amount of SAN to lose and applies it to the correct attribute on the sheet (in my case Bar 3). However, I'd really like to be able to put a dice formula in the response (as well as an actual number) and get it to roll for me. For example, the trigger event risks 1d8+1 SAN loss - assuming the PC fails their save, I'd like to run the macro and enter "1d8+1" as the SAN loss and get it to roll the loss and then apply it. Can this be done? Thanks!!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Try enclosing the roll in double square brackets, like [[1d8+1]] If you use a macro for the alterbars, you can have this built into the macro. Here's what part of that macro would look like [[?{enter dice roll|1d6}]] If you have trouble, please post the entire alterbar command you usually use, and I''ll show how to make it a roll.