Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Turn Order Message

Edited 1710435696
I'll keep it short, is there a script that can send a message to the chat at the top of everyround. Perhaps targeting a custom item within the Turn Order, and everytime it increase a message is sent to the chat?

Edited 1710437760
ScriptCards &nbsp;is capable of doing that with its Triggers. I use it a lot with the ` change:campaign:turnorder` &nbsp;event to prompt players, remove status' when their turnorder timers end, all sorts. I totally expect that other options are available but ScriptCards is what I use to trigger events on turnorder changes like what you describe. If you are interested, I can possibly help you with it. It would involve creating a character in your game named ScriptCards_Triggers and installing ScriptCards mod. Then creating an ability on the ScriptCards_Triggers character named&nbsp; change:campaign:turnorder. &nbsp;So it's not amazingly complicated but it's also not a 1 click off the shelf option either. EDIT: I essentially had this setup so stripping out my custom stuff to provide this example: Here is the ScriptCard I use when all initiative is rolled. It sorts the turnorder and then adds a custom entry named Round that increases by 1. !script {{ --/|name: SortTurnorder --/|version: 0.2.0 --/|requires: SC 2.1.8+ --#hidecard|1 --~|turnorder;sort --~|turnorder;addcustom;Round;1;1 }} And this is the ScriptCard that will go into the ability named change:campaign:turnorder &nbsp;on the character named ScriptCards_Triggers !script {{ --/|Script Name : change_campaign_turnorer trigger --/|Version : 0.1.0 --/|Requires SC : 2.6.0 --/|TRIGGER_REPLACEMENTS --#hidecard|1 --&gt;GET_CURRENT_TURN_INFO|TID;INIT;CUSTOM;FORMULA;PAGE;name --?"X[&amp;TID]" -eq "X"|Done --:CheckCustom| --?[&amp;TID] -ne -1|Done --:CUSTOM_TURN| --?"[&amp;name]" -eq "Round"|[ --#hidecard|0 --#title|Top of the Round --+|[b]NOW BEGINNING ROUND [&amp;INIT][/b] --]| --:Done| --X| --/|The functions below were all stolen from Kurt J's turnorder functions --/|<a href="https://github.com/kjaegers/ScriptCards/blob/main/ScriptCards_Examples/system-neutral/TurnOrderFunctions.scard" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/kjaegers/ScriptCards/blob/main/ScriptCards_Examples/system-neutral/TurnOrderFunctions.scard</a> --:GET_CURRENT_TURN_INFO|TokenID, InitCounter, CustomName, Formula, page, name --?"X[$_toCount.Raw]" -eq "X"|&gt;_to_PARSE_TURN_ORDER --?[$_toCount] -eq 0|_to_CLEAR_AND_RETURN --&gt;_to_GET_TURN_INFO|[%1%];[%2%];[%3%];[%4%];[%5%];[%6%];"[&amp;_to1(replaceall,;,!!!)]" --&lt;| --:_to_PARSE_TURN_ORDER| --&amp;_to_temp|[*C:turnorder] --&amp;_to_temp|[&amp;_to_temp(replaceall,",)] --&amp;_to_temp|[&amp;_to_temp(replaceall,;,!!!)] --&amp;_to_temp|[&amp;_to_temp(1)] --&amp;_to_temp|[&amp;_to_temp(0,[=[&amp;_to_temp(length)]-1])] --?"X[&amp;_to_temp]X" -eq "X[]X"|_to_CLEAR_AND_RETURN --~_to|string;split;},{;[&amp;_to_temp] --&lt;| --:_to_CLEAR_AND_RETURN| --&amp;[%1%]| --&amp;[%2%]| --&amp;[%3%]| --&amp;[%4%]| --&amp;[%5%]| --&amp;[%6%]| --&lt;| --:_to_GET_TURN_INFO| --&amp;_work_turn|[%7%] --&amp;_work_turn|[&amp;_work_turn(replaceall,!!!,;)] --&amp;_work_turn|[&amp;_work_turn(replaceall,{,)] --&amp;_work_turn|[&amp;_work_turn(replaceall,},)] --~_to_ThisTurn|string;split;,;[&amp;_work_turn] --%_toLoop|1;[$_to_ThisTurnCount] --?"[&amp;_to_ThisTurn[&amp;_toLoop](0,2)]" -eq "id"|&amp;[%1%];[&amp;_to_ThisTurn[&amp;_toLoop](replace,id:,)] --?"[&amp;_to_ThisTurn[&amp;_toLoop](0,2)]" -eq "pr"|&amp;[%2%];[&amp;_to_ThisTurn[&amp;_toLoop](replace,pr:,)] --?"[&amp;_to_ThisTurn[&amp;_toLoop](0,2)]" -eq "cu"|&amp;[%3%];[&amp;_to_ThisTurn[&amp;_toLoop](replace,custom:,)] --?"[&amp;_to_ThisTurn[&amp;_toLoop](0,2)]" -eq "fo"|&amp;[%4%];[&amp;_to_ThisTurn[&amp;_toLoop](replace,formula:,)] --?"[&amp;_to_ThisTurn[&amp;_toLoop](0,2)]" -eq "_p"|&amp;[%5%];[&amp;_to_ThisTurn[&amp;_toLoop](replace,_pageid:,)] --%| --?[&amp;[%1%]] -ne -1|&amp;[%6%];[*[&amp;[%1%]]:t-name]|&amp;[%6%];[&amp;[%3%]] --&lt;| }} Where the output is here: --:CUSTOM_TURN| --?"[&amp;name]" -eq "Round"|[ --#hidecard|0 --#title|Top of the Round --+|[b]NOW BEGINNING ROUND [&amp;INIT][/b] --]| So the example output is like so: So that's an example for you if you wanted to go down this route of using ScriptCards to monitor turnorder for changes.

Edited 1710485755
This looks about right, I’ll give this a shot and get back to you. Might not be until tomorrow evening though. Could involve a click link to roll function on the output, it’s not a deal breaker if not. Was thinking something like this but with the correct text for an interactive link/button --:CUSTOM_TURN| --?"[&amp;name]" -eq "Round"|[ --#hidecard|0 --#title|Displacement --+|[b]Click to Roll [[/r 1d4]][/b] --]| Thank you very much for this