Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 2nd Edition Wednesday evenings 8pm GMT (London/UK)

We have one open player slot for our Wednesday night D&D 2nd edition RPG. Timezone is GMT (UK/London) and the game starts every Wednesday at 8pm and each session runs for 2 hours. We play on Google Meet.  About us : we've been playing since 2020 and are a friendly group composed of players from all over the world. We currently have 4 players and an opening for one more. We have one player on sabbatical at the moment, so the max we play with is 6 (not including the GM). We are very relaxed, sometimes irreverent, friendly and open to new and experienced players of any age. We just finished a large adventure, with the group travelling and doing generic D&D stuff, so this is an ideal point at which to jump in. About you : you are happy to join an existing campaign with an established group (lvls 3 to 5 currently, but you'll be starting at level 2 with a bunch of XP based on your background story to kickstart you toward lvl 3). You will need the 2e Player handbook either as a PDF or hold in the hand - some experience of roleplay is preferred, but not essential. The most important thing is: you are a friendly person and want to have fun.  About the game : we play in a homebrew sandbox setting which is, by and large, typical D&D. There is a lot of freedom to explore your character and the world, though when you first join, the group will likely have a current goal in mind. As a GM I try to weave character stories and backgrounds into the narrative and always focus on player agency so you can develop and play your character the way you want to. The group currently has a fighter, thief, druid, cleric and shaman. A wizard, ranger, bard or paladin would be welcome additions for the sake of balance and diversification, but you are free to play the class/race you want and we will make it work. About expectations : the following two things are essential! A) if you can't make a session, you must let us know. We use Facebook messenger to chat about the game, interact between sessions and arrange meets and this is the place to tell us if you can't make a session. We prefer notice of at least a day, but sometimes real life happens so very short notice is fine under certain circumstances. No notice and no shows are not acceptable. B) Please ensure you will be able to consistently attend and are willing to commit to a long term campaign. If you can only play for a couple of months or your free time situation is likely to be uncertain in the near future or you are only looking for one-off adventures, please don't apply. We don't expect everyone to play every single session, and we make allowances for unexpected events of course, but we do expect a courteous level of communication. If you apply : I always meet potential players one-to-one (online of course) before inviting anyone to play. This isn't an interview or anything heavy, just a getting to know you thing to ensure our game is right for you and vice versa. If we are both happy, I will invite you to join a session for a ride along (non-participation). This allows you to see how we play before you commit. If you still feel we are a good fit for you, we will then go through the character creation process together and get you onboard in the next session. If this all sounds good, I look forward to hearing from you!
I just realized I omitted to mention that, while we have been playing since 2020, we haven't been playing D&D 2e all that time. Just in case any observant readers notice the discrepancy between playing for 4 years and the group averaging level 3! I am not that mean with the XP!
Hi :) I saw a listing for your game, on Discord. Sounds like an epic group! Did I understand correctly that you've got 6 players at a time? I was wondering, doesn't that slow down things?