Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mod to change Schools

Hello, can a Mod be created that intercepts certain spells? Like for example "Haste" Or one created by me The Mod then replaces the existing school with a different school and then sends it to the chat. The reason for this is that the D&D 5e by Roll20 character sheet cannot include alternate schools like Chronoturgy.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
You can do this with the Metascript Toolbox pretty easily. I'll post an example when I get back to my computer.

Edited 1710746439
You can overwrite the school before it gets sent to chat using the following trick:  Click on the spell name to output it to chat, click in the chat box and hit the up arrow key.  You will see the macro that displays the spell, look for the section that says {{level= then select everything between the brackets including the brackets, hit Ctrl-C to copy.  Now go back to the spell description on the character sheet and edit the spell.  After the text in the description box add }} and a space, then paste in the level definition text with Ctrl-P.  Add another space and {{.  Edit the school to what you want displayed and exit the edit.  For a spell that doesn't upcast the added text will look something like: }} {{level=chronoturgy 1}} {{ A spell that can be upcast will include a prompt for the spell level instead of just a number.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Ryan makes a good point that there is a simple solution to what it seems you're asking for. You can extend his suggestion to including a query so you could use the same command line for different magical schools: {{level=?{School|Chronoturgy,chronoturgy|Smacktackery,smacktackery} 1}} If there are multiple things that might need to change in the command based on having changed the school and you go the query route, you might be able to get away with only having one query (instead of one query per change in the message) by implementing the Metascript Toolbox. Before I spend a bunch of time on a metascript example, will one of the simpler solutions work to solve what you're looking for, or do you need more flexibility?