Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Right click image to create new page

Steve
Plus
Sheet Author
Current process: I have maps, they are JPG's and are already the size I want them, they are in my Roll20 library. I create a new page, click on the Map layer, drag the jpg from my Roll20 library and hope  that this time, this page decides to ask me if I want to resize my page to fit the image etc. But 9 times out of 10 (recently), it just drops as a 1x1 or 3x3 token. I then have to find the original file, identify its original dimensions, then resize the map back to its original size, then I have to mess around for ages aligning it to the page properly. Ideal process: Select the already correctly sized jpg image from my Roll20 library. Right click it, select "Create new page with this image as the background". Navigate to new page with image already set as background without having to mess around with it.

Edited 1711120234
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Steve,  If you need assistance with your page alignment process please let me know. It should not take "ages" to align an image to the page. It should take less than 5 minutes (and usually a lot less than that).  Note: I am not commenting on the suggestion itself, just trying to provide assistance in the meantime. 
Steve, Have you tried holding down ALT while dragging the image from your library? That should override the resizing of the image to the grid Gauss said: ... It should take less than 5 minutes (and usually a lot less than that).  LOL! In today's world, 5 minutes is an  eon . 
Steve
Plus
Sheet Author
Gauss said: ... It should not take "ages" to align an image to the page... Thank you for the kind offer, but I am exaggerating. Please excuse my hyperbole.

Edited 1711498624
Steve
Plus
Sheet Author
Rick A. said: Have you tried holding down ALT while dragging the image from your library? That should override the resizing of the image to the grid I have not tried that yet. Thank you for the tip! **EDIT** I don't have an option for this on Mac (no alt key and no alternate keybind), putting in a second feature request now...
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .