Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 running slow

Hey, Roll20 has been getting progressively slower over the last few months, It may be my aging system but can anyone tell me if the number of games, pages and art assets could also be causing me issue?
Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear about the slow-down. Super large games can cause lag, a good way to test that is by creating a new blank game (or standard module) and trying out a few basic tasks to see if you still run into problems. I also recommend checking to make sure that Hardware Acceleration is enabled. (I have information on how to check that here .) While partial cause could also be an aging computer system, the team has been hard at work with Project Jumpgate. Jumpgate is designed to bring performance improvements to all kinds of systems, so that will definitely help you out there. You can check out Jumpgate here: <a href="https://pages.roll20.net/jumpgate" rel="nofollow">https://pages.roll20.net/jumpgate</a> Moreover, we can always help you troubleshoot further! You can always reach out to our support team here for help.&nbsp;

Edited 1711129483
I've also noticed a slowdown in my game and another game that I play in. It's most noticeable when opening character sheets (both PC and NPC) and with macros that access token attributes, especially vision and light. Both games were running smoothly until the last few weeks. My PC was a top-of-the-line gaming rig 5 years ago :/ but other GM's PC is only a year old. We both have decent internet access through different ISPs and are in different geographical locations (though within 40 miles of each other). Neither of us has any trouble accessing other web content. I've trimmed my game by purging unused maps, character sheets and handouts (transmogrifying them to a library game) but have seen no improvement in character sheet loading or the functioning of token-related macros.
I've tried a new games at the seems slow to open character sheets and lags moving tokens and scrolling the pages. I have a LOT of tokens I've acquired of the last few years . Would deleting some of these make a difference?