Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Any word on updates to the Pathfinder Companion Script for PF1e Community Sheets?

Edited 1711398035
I mostly avoided getting into the API stuff but decided to start looking into it recently and the most recommended one out there is the Pathfinder Companion Script, only it sent me a warning that the script won't run at all on the current version of the sheet saying it needs to be version 1.6/1.7 to function and the current sheet is well into 1.8.  Any threads I can find about this are a year old or more and they all say Scott C. who is the author is too busy or something.  Is there any more recent news? Alternatively, is there a way to roll the character sheet back to an older version so I can use the script again?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I know that Scott is a very busy person and has been involved with many sheets and scripts.  You can click the in-game warning without issue.  Not all of the companion script works, but 90% should be fine.  Rolling the sheet code back to 2019 probably will not help much because the sheet and roll20 continued to update.  The PF Community sheet has been at a stand-still for the last few years and will probably only get minimal support for many reasons.
After the first warning it wouldn't even show the warning again during that instance of the game.  I was testing it in a duplicate of my campaign so as not to screw anything up while I was testing but yeah.  I deleted it after a while.  Maybe if I try it again the notice will return and I can force it to run anyways.  I mostly wanted it for setting up repeating features to token bars afterall so if that still works at least I'll be happy I guess. It really is a shame that pretty much all progress on anything PF1e is pretty much dead in the water now with PF2e and D&D5e taking over everyone's attention.  A lot of people still use PF1e and I'm even seeing people converting FROM those systems over to PF1e.  I don't really mind things progressing, I just don't plan on converting over as I don't like either system and many of the people I play with are of the same mind.  I'd fix the script myself if I knew what I was doing lol, because I'm sure it'll still see use.

Edited 1711435260
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That's normal for the warning.  I'm pretty sure it comes back each time you open the game if PFC is loaded.  But I believe you just click "Override Compatibility Warning" and continue.  Use !pfc --config to set it up. The PF Community sheet was primarily developed from 2017-2019 with some occasional additions, tweaks, and bug fixes since then.  I'm about the last person that still has access to the sheet's particular development environment.  I am planning on doing a few small updates soon™ for some issues that have been brought to my attention. Given that the community sheet isn't compatible with the official roll20/Paizo marketplace content and that roll20 has an official 1e, 2e, and soon to be released Remaster/Core sheet... I'm a little hard-pressed to do much more to the existing sheet. There's been so many changes and advancements in regards to character sheets since the sheet's inception that it really needs/deserves a complete replacement to do it justice.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
vÍnce said: I am planning on doing a few small updates soon™ ... Trademarking the "soon" space? Damn it. That leaves me only the "at some point" space. Also, not sure if "few" and "small" should also have the trademark disclaimer...? Maybe vÍnce ought to consider that at some point ™.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author

Edited 1711475283
So this is showing now, I could have sworn I saw people saying that this script enabled putting repeating sections onto the token for tracking.  Am I going mad here or was it somehow my wires being crossed after reading through tons of different forum threads.  Like that was the whole reason I wanted to get this script to work.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Dorian said: I mostly wanted it for setting up repeating features to token bars afterall so if that still works at least I'll be happy I guess. I did scratch my head after reading that line yesterday.  Just assumed I wasn't understanding what you were wanting to do.  AFAIK, there is no way to link repeating attributes to the token bars.  Mod or not. ;-(
I mean I've been able to do a roundabout method on this sheet and on the PF by Roll20 sheet such as creating a new attribute and having both the token and the repeating ability refer to the attribute but it didn't update properly when you changed either field.  I figured at the very least something like a script could set it up using the RowID or something...

Edited 1711475696
Gauss
Forum Champion
Dorian,  What is the specific repeating ability you are working with on the PF by Roll20 sheet? (A screenshot would be best)
I'm not working with the PF by Roll20 sheet now, that was something I set up for another character in a previous game.

Edited 1711475927
(one of) the specific abilities I'm working with on the community sheet now is this one.  Note that this is in the "All" tab so that is an accurate repeating ability number on the side.

Edited 1711476311
Gauss
Forum Champion
Alright, so without having a concrete example to work from it is all theory. But in theory you can take a repeating line's value, push that to an Attribute via something like ChatSetAttr, then have the Attribute linked to a Token Bar.  ChatSetAttr is manual, there is probably an automatic method, but someone who is skilled in API Script listeners would have to chime in on that. 
Yeah I've done the attribute workaround before (without a script) like I said, but when you edit the token's value it doesn't change the sheet's value and vice versa.

Edited 1711477763
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The sheet does have the Custom attributes section which can grab a value from a repeating attribute and then you link your token to the custom attribute. ie 'customa1-mod' or whatever.  But I think you will still have the same issue in that the link only syncs with the Custom attribute not the repeating attribute.  Maybe that is enough for your use?  I've done this for Panache. fyi: always use the rowid over row index if you have the option.
Yeah as far as I can tell there's no way to get it to tell the repeating ability how much is used and all.  I'll ask the players it's relevant for if they'd be ok with that I suppose.
When done like this it gives a "current" and "max" value on the token for a bar properly, but yeah, can't get it to connect the "current" to the value of a repeating ability in any way as far as I can tell.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
vÍnce said: Dorian said: I mostly wanted it for setting up repeating features to token bars afterall so if that still works at least I'll be happy I guess. I did scratch my head after reading that line yesterday.  Just assumed I wasn't understanding what you were wanting to do.  AFAIK, there is no way to link repeating attributes to the token bars.  Mod or not. ;-( I mean... you cooooould... *sucks in a lungful of air* *delivers metascript solution in speed-monologue-form* ...that could, at least, approximate it. *fills now-empty lungs, again* Full disclosure, that metascript solution would be setting up any character you wanted to have this token-bar/repeating-attribute connection so that it had a way of letting us identify associated tokens as representing as such a character. Let's say, a new attribute called "metalink1" for bar1, and so forth for the other 2. Only present if tokens representing that character should have that specific bar update using a repeating item from the same sheet. That (or those) attribute(s) would be filled with a way to identify the repeating attribute to use... in Fetch format. That could be as an attribute using the full attribute name: @(selected.repeating_ludicrosity_-M1234567890abcdef_ludipoints) Or as a repeating attribute retrieval: *(selected.ludicrosity.$0.ludipoints) *(selected.ludicrosity.[name = "Kale Lobber"].ludipoints) Then a GM could set up an OnMyTurn macro to run every time the Turn Tracker advances that would make use of SelectManager to select all the tokens on the page which have one of these "metalink" attributes, then issues a forselected call against them. The forselected call would iterate over the selected tokens and, itself, issue a TokenMod call to update any bar that had an associated metalink attribute to the value of the attribute listed *in* that associated metalink attribute. So while it wouldn't be "instantaneous", it would at least update every time the turn advanced. I think that brings our running list of necessary scripts to: OnMyTurn TokenMod SelectManager Fetch APILogic ZeroFrame (all of the last three are a part of the MetaScriptToolbox, of course)

Edited 1711478681
Gauss
Forum Champion
Dorian said: Yeah I've done the attribute workaround before (without a script) like I said, but when you edit the token's value it doesn't change the sheet's value and vice versa. As I said, you need a Mod that listens to changes to push that.  OR, see Timmaugh's post. 

Edited 1711480398
timmaugh said: -screeching in binary- Alright we found the admech. Jokes aside that seems like it's a bit complicated for me to figure out when I'm really new at the scripting game.  Most of that went a bit over my head but I do vaguely understand the premise.  It is something I'll consider building up towards but for now it seems like the most easily implemented method is the custom box method, though it doesn't quite do what I was hoping it's "sufficient for now" I suppose.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Dorian said: timmaugh said: -screeching in binary- Alright we found the admech. Jokes aside that seems like it's a bit complicated for me to figure out when I'm really new at the scripting game.  Most of that went a bit over my head but I do vaguely understand the premise.  It is something I'll consider building up towards but for now it seems like the most easily implemented method is the custom box method, though it doesn't quite do what I was hoping it's "sufficient for now" I suppose. I mean... yeah. But... ...also... umm... No, I guess that's it.