Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

AD&D 2e: Tracking carry weight

All the equipment and currency are in one place, and the total weight carried is completely elsewhere behind two clicks and some rolling on the mousewheel, in a corner where I'd otherwise not have much reason to go. It's a bit of a bother. What attribute would I use to put it up on the token bar?
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
What sheet is this? The 2E simple (blue) sheet or the 2E Revised (red) sheet? 
Revised.
I suppose it is the 2E Revised (red) sheet since in the simple (blue) sheet no click is needed to see the total weight carried. On the 2E Revised (red) sheet, the equipment tab lists everything the character is holding/wearing/bearing, except for the currencies which is on its own currency tab. Several attributes are present on the red sheet to compute different weights for different rules and playstyles: Names Tab Attributes Comments Total worn weight Equipment @{worn-total-weight} include clothes, jewelry, armor and weapons Total gear weight Equipment @{gearweighttotal} include backpacks, bags, pouches, etc... Total currencies weight Currency @{curweighttotal} includes currencies only Total weight carried Info > Tracker @{movweighttotal} which equals @{gearweighttotal} (+option: @{worn-total-weight} + @{curweighttotal} ) With the macro below, you may display the total encumbrance of any Player-Character and immediately know if (s)he is encumbered or not. This macro can be placed on the token bar. /w gm &{template:2Edefault}{{color=gray}}{{name=Encumbrance}}{{subtitle=for @{selected|token_name}}}{{[0](#" hidden)=}}{{[1](#" hidden)=[unencumbered](#" style="color: blue;text-decoration: none;cursor: text)}}{{[[[{@{selected|movweighttotal}[GEAR],-100}kh1>[[@{selected|lightweight}[LIGHT]]]]]](#" hidden)=[lightly encumbered](#" style="color: green;text-decoration: none;cursor: text)}}{{[[[{@{selected|movweighttotal}[GEAR],-100}kh1>[[@{selected|modweight}[MODERATE]]]]]](#" hidden)=[moderately encumbered](#" style="color: orange;text-decoration: none;cursor: text)}}{{[[[{@{selected|movweighttotal}[GEAR],-100}kh1>[[@{selected|heavyweight}[HEAVY]]]]]](#" hidden)=[heavily encumbered](#" style="color: red;text-decoration: none;cursor: text)}}{{[[[{@{selected|movweighttotal}[GEAR],-100}kh1>[[@{selected|sevweight}[SEVERE]]]]]](#" hidden)=[severely encumbered](#" style="background: red;color: white;padding: 1px;text-decoration: none;cursor: text)}}{{[0](#" hidden)=With [[@{selected|movweighttotal}[GEAR]]] lbs. the character is}} Feel free to modify the macro to suit your needs.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Tokage said: All the equipment and currency are in one place, and the total weight carried is completely elsewhere behind two clicks and some rolling on the mousewheel, in a corner where I'd otherwise not have much reason to go. It's a bit of a bother. What attribute would I use to put it up on the token bar? Yes you Are right. The sheet is not optimize for encumbrance tracking. I have thought about improving the sheet for encumbrance by changing the previous design but I have never grotten around to it as it is not something I use that much i My own games.  It is on the todo list but do not expect it within the Next year.