Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

ScriptCards Vague Console Messages

Edited 1711561722
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Howdy. I am getting an error in a 'card that is running normally, but I want to fix the error. "ScriptCards Error: Line 5 is missing a | character. (? )" That doesn't really help me find the error, since line 5 in my text editor isn't missing one. How do I figure out where that line is?
I would probably start by checking your conditionals. If I do the following as a test: !script {{ --#debug|1 --#title|Tester --+DEBUG|test --? --+DEBUG|after }} The console throws: "ScriptCards Error: Line 6 is missing a | character. (? )" You can also add `--#debug|1` to your script and see where the error gets thrown. In my case I see: "Line Counter: 3, Tag:+DEBUG, Content:test" "ScriptCards Error: Line 6 is missing a | character. (? )" "Line Counter: 4, Tag:/Error - No Line Tag Specified, Content:/Error - No Line Content Specified" "Line Counter: 5, Tag:+DEBUG, Content:after" So I can see it's thrown after the --+DEBUG|test line. In a real ScriptCard there will be LOTS of debug output but it should help you narrow down where in the ScriptCard the error is being thrown.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Examine each line in your code that has a "?" using your editor's search function. 
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Awesome, thank you! I did have a stray --? in there.