Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group Initiative - Rolling with Advantage

So I saw that several years ago, it was on TheAaron's to-do list for the mod Group Initiative. Did he ever set up a way so you could set some tokens to roll their initiative with advantage? If not, apart from having the player roll separately, is there anything I can do?
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
In a week-ish, the MetaScript Toolbox will be getting the ability to add tokens to the turn tracker. Actually, the ability is already built and in my test game -- where I was prepping the metascripts to work with the new updates Roll20 is having The Aaron add to script functionality -- but I wanted to release all of those updates together. I'm working on the last of them, now. When that update comes out, you would be able to select the tokens (virtually, perhaps by virtue of a bar value they all have, or something in the token gmnotes that denotes them as part of a group), then iterate over them with a forselected operation and add them to the turn tracker with individual rolls -- which could be rolled individually with Advantage, with Disadvantage, or normally. I'll share the specific and finalized syntax in the release notes for the update when it comes out, but it will basically amount to using a metascript version of the &{tracker} tag. Where, with Roll20 inline rolls, you can use that tag to add or update the initiative value for the selected token: [[ 1d20 &{tracker} ]] ...with metascripts, you can instead use {&tracker} in a deferred inline roll to add/update the initiative value for the selected token: [\][\] 1d20 {&tracker} \]\] Again, this is not functional yet, but would absolutely apply to the situation you describe... and what you describe was one of the usage examples I intended on including in the release notes post I'll put together.
Is Group init broken when it comes to the Jumpgate Beta? I cannot get it to roll. Just the constant config/help loop.

Edited 1711682655
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
It was mentioned there will be some API attention coming in the next few weeks. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11844174/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11844174/</a>
Thanks for the reply. I am attempting do my due diligence in the beta running a game in legacy and Jumpgate to see the Delta. So far Jumpgate is awesome but it stinks to lose functionality I have become reliant on. I will keep an eye on that thread to see how it goes.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
The functionality I previously mentioned coming to ZeroFrame has been submitted to the one-click repo, due to be merged again in a week. The details of the syntax are discussed in this post .
Going over now! Many thanks :)