Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to make an interaction or Token Ability command to load a handout or an image to full screen???

So I am wanting to add like an Token Ability labeled "Closer Look" and when you hit it, it will load an image full screen or a handout full screen so I can add AI art to areas. The map gives you a top down view but if I can add in some art to it for a fist person view of the room so they get better idea. Is this possible? Thanks in advance

Edited 1711905579
You can place an image on the map, then select it and type Shift+Z to display it to all players. This works even if the image is outside the border (if your grid is larger than your map) or if it's on the GM layer so you can keep it hidden from the players until it's  needed. The displayed image will disappear from a individual player's view once they click anywhere on the screen. 
I am wanting the players to be able to control the viewing of it. Like getting a handout link by putting [handoutname] in GM notes then adding a Token Ability with the handout url puts a link in the chat. but I want it to load an image full screen like a handout.
I do not want to share handouts ahead of time. So my goal was to use an image. So this is not exactly want a wanted but.... I am using a object token on a map, I linked it to a blank character sheet, and gave allowed it to be edited and controlled by players, then locked it in place (so they can click it but not move it), and then under Abilities added Token Action of : image url &{template:npcatk} {{name=Whatever}} Had to put something after image or it loads but does not scroll up chat so you can see it. That is as best as I can do as the image does not end in jpg/gif/png since its loaded from files.roll20.io                         Anyone know a better way or way to get it to open in main screen, plz let me know.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you are in a game created by a Pro subscriber,there are mod scripts such as Supernote that can do similar to the Chat output you showed, but with a lot more capabilities. It can send GMnotes with images or image links, display avatar or token, whisper, make handouts on the fly and much more.
Sweet, will go check that out. Tyvm
Very nice script, loving what it can do and the different styles, but I am a loss as how to get players to trigger command. How would I make an interaction for them to be able to trigger Supernote without my having to take action and hit send to player?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Assuming you have a game that can install the script, all you have to do is to make the token selectable by players. They can type !pcnote to have the gmnotes of the token sent to chat. If you wish to have some information remain secret, separate public and secret information by a line of five hyphens. You can also indicate a token by id number if you don't want to grant control: !pcnote --id@(target|token_id} should work, though I admit I have not tested it.
I GREATLY appreciate your help but I do not think this makes things easier or less complex for me. I am far from an expert so I may be missing something lol. The best method I can see is for me to place an asset token on map, link it to a blank character sheet, give players access to click on it, create an Ability Token Action button for players to be able to click on: From there it is no better to link the image directly or use a !command to do it. Both ways just send image to chat. All be it Supernotes does it way better and themes are wonderful. It's the first long and complex step making a player interaction, that I do not see a better way to do. How else would players know how to trigger event. They would have no way to know the !commands to trigger the different images on multiple maps. From my searching, searching and searching for a solution I may have found something that works. World Map Discovery API. Once a player moves a token into aura area, an invisible trip wire, the event is triggered. As I found this extremely late last night, I will be testing it out today.
World Map Discovery API it is. Very EZ. I used a 50x50 transparent image I made, set tower status icon, set aura, send to gm layer, and edit token name to image url or whatever. That's it. Soon as a player gets into aura range it triggers the image to chat. Very nice.