Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ability to archive map folders instead of just having the one unorganized archive folder

The issue: I have over 100 maps in my game and it's a bit laggy now. I want to archive a folder with 54 maps, but it contains many subfolders and everything is nicely organized and I don't want to lose that organization I already did by archiving them. Issue2: it would be nice to archive all the 54 maps by archiving the folder instead of doing it 1-by-1 The solution: enable folders to be archived in addition to the generic archive folder. It would be nice to have folders not load and slow down the loading times / performance

Edited 1712532416
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi daniel,  You should not have much of a load time or performance hit via the folders.  The archive feature was implemented long ago as a way to reduce the performance hit from loading all the pages (maps) in the game when you loaded in. Then the Lazy Loading update happened and now pages do not load unless you have been to that page. 
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
If you want to ensure the unused maps aren’t slowing your active games, you should create a Library Game and move them there with Transmogrifier. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .