Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5e campaign (Rime of the Frostmaiden et. al.) battlemaps aren't sized correctly

Edited 1712434124
Ben
Pro
More than once I've witnessed GMs struggling to use battle maps supposedly already set up and ready to go using official D&D 5e campaigns purchased through roll20's marketplace. They are supposed to be ready to go, but the battle maps with a grid size of 10x10 ft. square (as opposed to the normal 5x5 ft. square) are sized as 5x5 ft. squares. This leads to GMs stumbling around trying to make it work (especially for GMs who do not prepare their games in advance--which is its own issue outside the scope of this post). I would expect one of the reasons why we would purchase one of these canned campaigns is to save prep time in general, so the games can just start with little or no fuss. This is not the case with battle maps sized incorrectly. Combat is already really, really, really slow in D&D already. I suggest an extra level of completion and preparation go into these purchased campaigns to ensure each battle map is sized correctly by default. We are paying for it, so it makes sense to offer a complete and efficient product. ( Side suggestion:  it would also help if there were an obvious table of contents post pinned for GMs [PCs too--if there is PC-related content to reference, which there usually is] at the top of the handouts that makes finding everything easier. )
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Ben,  The suggestion forum is for feature requests, not bug reports.  If an addon or module that was converted by Roll20 has issues the best place to report that is via the Help Center .  With that said, which maps have problems? 

Edited 1712594516
Ben
Pro
Hi Gauss. Thank you for your reply and for sharing your opinion and suggestions. That was a bit of a snap decision to call this a bug report. I do not consider this a bug report. I consider this a request for more of a polished product. I'm asking roll20 to follow up on this and determine the best action to take. I'm not going to track down each map that isn't set up correctly--that's not an efficient or appropriate use of my time and attention. I trust roll20 will look into it if enough of us vote for this (I'm not attached either way, and I feel complete in posting this comment). I've done my part in bringing attention to this. If you have the extra free time and attention, track the maps down. I don't own all the marketplace campaigns. And, if it shows up in several I've played in, it's reasonable to assume that there are more in other modules. Thanks again for your feedback and willingness to take the time and attention needed to respond.

Edited 1712597501
Gauss
Forum Champion
I took a look and didn't see any issues with a quick sampling of maps. There are maps set to 10feet, but that is also how those maps are published via WotC. It takes but a moment to set those maps to 5feet grids if that is how a users wants them. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .