Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do I write a macro to roll a number of dice that's always 1 less than my PB?

What I want is a macro that does something like this: /r @{PB-1}d8 I know the above macro doesn't work . I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to make it work. I want to roll a number of d8s that's always 1 less than my character's proficiency bonus. How do I write this in a macro? Alternatively, how do I set up an attribute field on the roll20 5e sheet so I can just call that attribute for number of d8s? Because I know writing @{PB}d8 works, so hypothetically some macro like @{number}d8 would also work, with "number" being an attribute I've set up that's always 1 less than PB.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You have to use inline rolls: /r [[@{PB}-1]]d8 Or [[ [[@{PB}-1]]d8]]
The Aaron said: You have to use inline rolls: /r [[@{PB}-1]]d8 Or [[ [[@{PB}-1]]d8]] Oh, DUH . Thank you! haha