Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Width if one of my fields will not change

Edited 1712667520
Im having trouble getting one of my fields to change widths. Im not sure if it is because it is a number field. but i would love if someone could tell me what is going wrong. Below is the HTML and CSS. The number field will not change.  HTML <div class="bio1">      <input  name="attr_charactername"         class="text200" type="text"   value="Character Name">      <select name="attr_background"            class="text100"> <option value="1000">---</option>          <option value="1001">Acolyte</option> <option value="1002">Aristocrat</option> <option value="1003">Athlete</option> <option value="1004">Charlatan</option> <option value="1005">Criminal</option> <option value="1006">Entertainer</option> <option value="1007">Laborer</option> <option value="1008">Medic</option> <option value="1009">Scholar</option> <option value="1010">Soldier</option> <option value="1011">Survivalist</option> <option value="1012">Traveler</option> <option value="1013">Urchin</option>      </select>      <input  name="attr_level"                 class="text080" type="number" value="0" max="10">      <input  name="attr_proficiency"           class="text090" type="text"   value="@{proficiencydisplay}"     disabled="true" />      <input  name="attr_passive_perception"    class="text090" type="text"   value="10+@{perception_total}"    disabled="true" />      <input  name="attr_passive_insight"       class="text090" type="text"   value="10+@{insight_total}"       disabled="true" />      <input  name="attr_passive_investigation" class="text090" type="text"   value="10+@{investigation_total}" disabled="true" /> </div> CSS /* Sheet Body */ /* Sheet Props */ .sheet select { height: 25px; text-align:center; } .sheet input[type="text"] { height: 25px; } .sheet input[type="number"] { height: 25px; width: 100%; } /* Sheet Divs */ div.sheet{ display: grid; width:850px; justify-items: center; text-align:center; margin: 0 auto; } div.playersheet{ display: grid; width:850px; } div.campsheet{ display: grid; width:850px; } .toggle[value="1"] ~ .playersheet, .toggle[value="0"] ~ .campsheet{     display: none; } /* Sheet Text Widths */ .text020{ width: 20px; text-align: center; } .text025{ width: 25px; text-align: center; } .text050{ width: 50px; text-align: center; } .text060{ width: 60px; text-align: center; } .text075{ width: 75px; text-align: center; } .text080{ width: 80px; text-align: center; } .text090{ width: 90px; text-align: center; } .text100{ width: 100px; text-align: center; } .text115{ width: 115px; text-align: center; } .text200{ width: 200px; text-align: center; } /* Section 1 */ /* Section 1 Divs */ div.section1{ border: 5px solid purple; display: grid; width:850px; justify-items: center; margin: 0 auto; } div.header1{ display: grid; grid-template-columns: 200px 100px 80px 90px 90px 90px 90px; grid-auto-rows: 20px; justify-items: center; } div.bio1{ display: grid; grid-template-columns: 200px 100px 80px 90px 90px 90px 90px; height: 25px; justify-items: center; }
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Generally if one thing isn't working, but the same technique is working for other similar things, look at specificity . I assume this is the one that isn't working: .text080{ width: 80px; text-align: center; } Change the declaration block to .charsheet div.bio1 .text080{ width: 80px; text-align: center; } And see if it works. I can't remember the required specificity for number inputs, but IIRC its higher than most other elements.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This will be overriding your text080 class: .sheet input[type="number"] { height: 25px; width: 100%; } because its specificity is higher (21 vs 10 IIRC).
So when I removed the Width: 100% it did not change. When I replaced text080 with .charsheet div.bio1 .text080 it did. The thing is i was hoping to use the text080 on other places on my sheet. which would mean i would have to add div.### every time i used the text080 right? Is the problem because it is a type=number and not a type=text like the other fields? 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can change this div.### to any other container that contains all the objects where you want to use that class. This will probably work: .ui-dialog div.charsheet because ui-doialog and ,charsheet are divs above the character sheet but which are always present in every character sheet. Is the problem because it is a type=number and not a type=text like the other fields? The problem is that roll20 has some hidden styles with their own specificity, and type=number inputs require a higher specificty to override.
Ok now i understand thank you for your help. it is greatly appreciated.