Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Problem with black squares

Edited 1713094744
Willy
Plus
I wanted to cover a custom map in black squares so my players can uncover an underground crypt by their own and i will delete the black squares when they uncover a room. The problem is now after setting all black squares i can't interact anymore with the lower part of the map. If i click on the black square on the lower half of the map it will just select the map. Edit: it seems the system automatically group the black squares with the map while i never gave the command and doing ungroup does nothing.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Willy! Without actually putting hands in the game, it's difficult to say what exactly is going on. However, is there a reason you needed to go this route instead of using the built-in Fog of War feature?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Willy,  I suspect this has to do with a recent bug where art objects are inadvertently treated as grouped together.  As Keith says, I suggest using Fog of War instead.
thanks all, the fog of war feature is gold!