Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with Macro for notes to myself

I've been trying to create a macro for notes to leave to myself including reminders for traps, descriptions, etc. I was able to create this macro to describe something from Curse of Strahd. &{template:default} {{name=Gates of Ravenloft}} {{The drawbridge ...}} {{A patch of green slime (see "Dungeon Hazards" i n chapter 5 of the Dungeon Master's Guide) ...}} It worked, but the text is all aligned to the right and it's driving me a little crazy. I spent about two or so hours trying to fix that. The closest I got was following the spell template, but the second piece of info is weird and the Components is still just hanging around. &{template:spell} {{name=Gates of Ravenloft}} {{description=The drawbridge appears sturdy...}} {{athigherlevels=A patch of green slime...}} Any ideas on how to get something a little simpler with multiple paragraphs?
It looks like you're using the D&D 5E by Roll20 sheet, so there are a few roll templates available.  The 'desc', 'traits', or 'npcaction' should all work for what you need. You can add line breaks into the 'description' field for any of them by just using carriage returns: &{template:traits} {{name=Gates of Ravenloft}} {{description=The drawbridge ... A patch of green slime (see "Dungeon Hazards" in chapter 5 of the Dungeon Master's Guide) ...}}
I tried adding line breaks with, \n, <>, {{ }}, and Shift+Enter. The carriage return doesn't seem to be working.  
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Try using %NEWLINE% for your line breaks. example; &{template:traits} {{name=Gates of Ravenloft}} {{description=The drawbridge... %NEWLINE% A patch of green slime (see "Dungeon Hazards" in chapter 5 of the Dungeon Master's Guide)... %NEWLINE% Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. %NEWLINE% Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.}}
That worked!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
In the description field, a normal character return should start a new paragraph. I use this all the time. Try &{template:npcaction}