Greetings, weary traveller! I've met some fine people on Roll20 and joined some good groups. Sooner or later, I want to try something that works IRL but the game rules won't allow or the party won't try because it's too much like hard work when a spell or OP character can solve it with might. There's little opportunity for intelligent tactics and to blazes with strategy. If you feel frustrated or bored by the lack of applied intelligence then maybe you'll be interested... Scenario Concept What makes a hero? Bravely fighting seemingly impossible odds to help others. Without magic to bail us out, it takes courage and cunning to slay the dragon. There are no magical RPGs in this rpg! Just you, your wits, primitive technology and something awful to deal with... Blood, sweat and tears. Just like real life, n'est-ce que pas ? Time-frame As soon as I get enough positive responses or PMs, I'll try and coordinate a game-date. Depends on how smart you are, as the planned scenarios may need tweaking to be more challenging. Players and Motivation As a chess grandmaster seeks others like himself to play and hone his skills... In a fit of pique,  I am seeking highly intelligent players to play-test one or more Darwinian scenarios. Anyone fitting the bill will likely know what I mean. Both crystallised (very experienced) and fluid (high IQ) intelligence players are welcome. Also any players who might later take a turn as DM will be preferred as I too like to run the gauntlet. The Dunning–Kruger effect is an issue, so I will do some verbal testing via discord to see if you fit the profile. It'll be fun! I do expect reasonable EQs and emotionally mature players because we don't want to waste time and energy on spoiled, attention-seeking, time-wasting brats. This game requires creative problem-solvers who can work within the parameters and advance the story, not pilpulling rule-lawyers. What rules? I hate rules! Yes, me too but they exist whether we accept physics and physiology or not. Anyway, this game will use an adapted Call of Cthulhu (BRP) system, not unlike that found in Cthulhu Dark Ages or Invictus. Think D&D giant-sized threats with Call of Cthulhu rules. I mean, what could be scarier than facing giant CoC! Gritty Realism This is, what I call - a survival-horror themed fun (or SHTF ) game, where science rules even if the PCs are ignorant of it. I've studied 3 different science degrees and will draw upon them all to put you through the wringer. If you're smart, spirited and do well, you'll have my help and admiration. I absolutely want you to succeed but you'll have to earn it. Murder-hobos will soon learn that actions have consequences. No Magic The PCs are exceptional but otherwise normal humans. Intelligence IS as close to magic as you'll ever get - the rest is illusion. Fairytale magic ruins everything, much like happy tales of rainbows and unicorns leave one unprepared for harsh realities of life. Magic is the deus ex machina that caters for the indolent mind. There may be clever workarounds and if you have an astoundingly good suggestion, I'll be compelled to listen. However, I'm a jaded, old b- so good luck with that... SIC Scenarios and Immersion Players should stay in character (SIC) or the DM will interrupt excessive metagaming with a very nasty surprise. The game can get derailed fast, so vigilance and discipline are required. Likewise, modern concepts and language will be deprecated. Even character cursing must be historically appropriate or I'll take great delight in clobbering you. Try not to be too crass. Realism aids immersion so PCs must be believable in the historical and cultural context. The Call to Adventure There are many other things but this post is really to see if there is a thirst for smarter games. Please do email me if you are interested or have any questions and suggestions. Thank you for reading. :-)