Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Update token_id when copying game

I highly doubt there's an easy solution for this but figured I'd ask anyway.   When copying a game, is there a way to automatically update the various token_id's used in the macros?  I need to create several of copies of a game that makes heavy use of teleport and moving objects to different layers and I really don't want to manually update them.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I think the token_ids will stay the same.  If they don't, the best you could do is write an api script to do replacements, but that could be somewhat difficult.
They stayed the same!  I didn't think they would because the entire purpose of token_id is to have a unique identifier for each object and reusing them is counter-intuitive.  But it very much does not bother me in this case.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah, that's what I was guessing. They are supposed to be unique within the context of a game, but I knew they stayed the same when you transmogrified maps over, so I figured a complete copy would be much the same. Glad that works for you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
From my experience, token and character ids remain the same for copies and transmogrification, but not Character Vaulting. I don't know about Roll20 Characters yet. But that's the reason that the Token Action Maker script has the option to save its actions using the character name rather than the id. Otherwise they break when Vaulted.