Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Markers only DM sees?

Is there a way to set Token Markers on player tokens that only the DM sees??? Trying to find easy way to keep track of things, like who has a magic weapon already, etc. Have pro status on my game so any way this possible is open, if there is an API mod that already does this.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Token markers do not have a GM-only option, but auras do. A thin ring of color might suit your needs. Token-mod would be the best API tool to set these.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
If your need goes beyond what you can manage with available auras, another option might be simulacrum tokens on the GM layer. If you have tokens already representing the characters "Bob" and "Squishy", you can add secondary tokens and name them something like: GMTrackBob GMTrackSquishy Then you can apply markers to these tokens instead of the ones that the players control (and can see). You can do that with TokenMod or with Condefinition. Then if you want to quickly reference the state of a marker on a particular token (especially in another macro) you can use the MetaScriptToolbox. For instance, if you use a marker named "magic_weapon" to mark a token that has a magical weapon, then you can know if the token has been marked that way using a Fetch construction like: @(GMTrackBob.is.magic_weapon) That will return "yes" or "no". If you need to take action on the result, you can feed the result into an APILogic conditional.
keithcurtis - I use Aura/Tint HealthColors Mod. Saves so much time keeping track of who or what monsters are already injured. So auras are taken, but that is a good idea. timmaugh -  A duplicate token on the gm layer is a good idea. As of yet, I have no need to use them in macros or anything but now I know that is possible I am sure ideas will come lol. For now, I just wanted some visual representation of certain things. Thank you both.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
This might be useful: Here is a version of ATHC that only uses aura 2, so aura 1 is freed up for other uses.