Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fallout: Land of Lincoln [LFP][CST][Wednesdays] 18+

Edited 1714143047
Howdy everyone - I'm looking for players to join a Fallout RPG. The rules are of my own design but they're very simple, similar to D&amp;D 5e, but above all designed to be Fallout. INTRO It is the year 2300. America has become a terrible and wondrous wasteland, a land of radioactive ruins, mutated forests, deserts of broken glass, and fragile settlements. Mankind, ghouls, super mutants, sentient machines, and other strange creatures fight over space and resources, engaged in the never ending war for survival. Illinois is no different, as the former prairie has become a mad wasteland of rusted ruins, mutated plains, dusty expanses, and the irradiated concrete jungle that is Old Chicago. It can be brutal, surprising, and wild, but it's your sweet home. The city is a madhouse and folks tell stories of mutants, gangsters, and cults fighting for control of Chicago. The recent arrival of the Brotherhood of Steel has disrupted the local hierarchy. Everyone is now faced with new challenges and you'll be there to decide the fate of the Land of Lincoln. YOUR CHARACTERS Each player character (PC) co-exists in the same world at the same time. You all live in or near the town of GSU, a safe trading post built inside an old university. The world outside of GSU is dangerous and deadly and your characters may die if they are unwise or unlucky. Most people don't have the grit to survive outside of a settlement, but you're different - you are all willing and able to traverse the wasteland. There is no regular cast of characters. Each game may have different PCs, depending on who is available to play. You each gain XP individually based on what each character does. Some characters may have more XP than others. EDIT: Playable types include human, ghoul, robot, and super mutant. There's a variety of origins including Brotherhood of Steel, vault dweller, raider, cultist, etc. THE STORY FLOL is a Westmarches-style rpg. There is no regular plot or story: You will decide where to go and what to do each session. Most sessions start in GSU, and the adventure takes place out of town. This is an open sandbox game much like Skyrim, Fallout, or Grand Theft Auto. There will be jobs and quests available, and mysteries to investigate, and ruins to explore, but you will decide as a group which of these to pursue. Your actions are persistent. If you find a farm and burn it to the ground, the next characters that find the farm will see a burned ruin. If your character dies exploring an irradiated vault, the next characters that go there may find your character’s corpse. More information on West Marches games can be found here: <a href="https://rpgmuseum.fandom.com/wiki/West_Marches" rel="nofollow">https://rpgmuseum.fandom.com/wiki/West_Marches</a> SCHEDULE &amp; APPS We use Roll20 to experience a shared map and dice rolling mechanic. We use Discord for voice chat and game discussion.&nbsp; The schedule will be posted to the Roll20 and to the Discord chat. I have reserved time every week to play, usually Wednesday at 7pm CST. If you are available to play at that time, let me know and we’ll schedule a game. Please indicate in the Discord general chat if you are available to play in the next session. THE RULES You can make a character using this basic startup guide: <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SreO56kDTPUP3Cq7fspHRQEZynG1MxMnEoaJaLe6AtI" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SreO56kDTPUP3Cq7fspHRQEZynG1MxMnEoaJaLe6AtI</a> If you want to know more, message me and I'll provide the full rulebook (it's less than 50 pages). This is a playtest of a new Fallout RPG designed by me and other rpg veterans (and now that you’re playing, you’re a designer, too!). It’s a simple system that borrows from D&amp;D and a few other tabletop games. It is also based on the gameplay mechanics in Fallout 1 &amp; 2, but canonical gameplay from other Fallout games has been incorporated. As this is a playtest, there may be some bugs or flaws; don’t hesitate to let me know where you feel the game could be improved or where it could be more Fallout-like.
I'm certainly on board for a Westmarches fallout, ye.
Hi would be interested. Love fallout, haven't played the table top yet.
It should be noted, LBTQ+ friendly, totally inclusive game. The wasteland is harsh&nbsp; but there's no room for BS in my games.
Would you allow brain bots or super mutants as players? Send me an IM and let's talk about it.
Yep, those are both playable characters! I edited the original post to clarify that (and IM sent).