Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Damage won't roll

So having an issue where on some of my tokens the damage will not roll (most work fine).  The attack will roll, but when you click to show damage it comes up blank (shows "Damage: " but no actual rolls after). If I re-add the token from my library it fixes the issue, but having to re-add the token for every monster that it happens on has been a pain.  I verified the npc is linked properly to the sheet (most recent example is a plain Orc from the Lost Mines campaign in Wyvern Tor), all their attacks will not roll damage.  I made a custom token for them but that shouldn't matter.  If I pull a fresh Orc from my library it works fine. I compared the old that doesn't work and the new that does side by side, everything matches both in the attack and general options.  Any feedback appreciated.
For reference
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Feyte,  I was not able to replicate this.  Which browser are you using?  Have you tried a Private (Firefox) or Incognito (Chrome) tab to see if that remedies the problem? 
I use Firefox, same issue with private mode.  Only other browser I have installed is edge that came with windows. Other thoughts I had, is the game is a copied game of the original if it matters, and not sure which elements now, but I did transmogrify a few maps and npc's over, not sure if that would have any effect on it.  The screenshot in question was part of the original copy.  The original game the same npc works fine. (Copied game so once done with my players can delete, and still have the master game set up for future groups)

Edited 1714089962
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yes, transmogrifying may have broken the connections.  A token on a map is connected to a character.  You transmogrify the page (map + everything on it) but that doesn't bring the character with it.  Later you transmogrify the character, but the damage might be done already.  Someone who knows more about the backend of how the Transmogrifier works would probably be able to speak better on what might have gone wrong, but I suspect that is the problem.  I would take any transmogrified tokens and drag and drop new tokens from the Journal tab, or copy/paste from the token page (if the token page wasn't transmogrified). 

Edited 1714090351
I found a fix, looking at my journal, I had my custom "Orc" and the "Orc" from the monster manual.  Changing my custom Orc to "Orc1" and now the rolls work just fine.  Having two npc's with the same name must have screwed it up some how (even though both Orc npc's had the same attacks and damage etc). Can mark closed, thanks for helping Gauss. (when I transmogrified the monster manual orc came with a map)
For anyone else in the future, this was the issue, verified had two zombie entries as well for example, when I changed my custom image zombie to zombie1, it too also worked.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ahhh great, glad you found the issue. :)