Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Elven accuracy macro stopped working

Hey folks! So I've been using the macro below to roll the 5e elven accuracy ability with basically 3d20kh1 as the roll, but then it stopped working. Been trying to get it to work again, but can't figure it out -- can anyone help me update it perhaps? @{Darcassan Nerijean|wtype}&{template:atk} {{mod=+10}} {{rname=[Eldritch Blast](~-NT_V54kYtExvUFxtJl-|repeating_attack_-NTZe9Hk35socTHXY3d-_attack_dmg)}} {{normal=1}} {{rnamec=[Eldritch Blast](~-NT_V54kYtExvUFxtJl-|repeating_attack_-NTZe9Hk35socTHXY3d-_attack_crit)}} {{r1=[[{3d20cs>20}kh1 + 5[CHA] + 4[PROF] + 1[SPELLATK]]]}} {{range=120 feet}} {{desc=Hexblade's curse + Elven accuracy}} {{spelllevel=cantrip}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{Darcassan Nerijean|global_attack_mod}}} ammo= {{spelldesc_link=[Show Spell Description](~-NT_V54kYtExvUFxtJl-|repeating_attack_-NTZe9Hk35socTHXY3d-_spelldesc_link)}} @{Darcassan Nerijean|charname_output} thank you!
for comparison, here is a working version of the script as it is currently working (but not with the 3d20kh1 roll). @{Darcassan Nerijean|wtype}&{template:atk} {{mod=+10}} {{rname=[Eldritch Blast](~-3829856041_6459831|repeating_attack_-NTZe9Hk35socTHXY3d-_attack_dmg)}} {{rnamec=[Eldritch Blast](~-3829856041_6459831|repeating_attack_-NTZe9Hk35socTHXY3d-_attack_crit)}} {{r1=[[{3d20cs>19}kh1 + 5[CHA] + 4[PROF] + 1[SPELLATK]]]}} {{range=120 feet}} {{desc=}} {{spelllevel=cantrip}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{Darcassan Nerijean|global_attack_mod}}} ammo= {{spelldesc_link=[Show Spell Description](~-3829856041_6459831|repeating_attack_-NTZe9Hk35socTHXY3d-_spelldesc_link)}} @{Darcassan Nerijean|charname_output}

Edited 1714179218
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Ken R.,  Could you provide more information regarding what 'not working' means? There are a lot of ways this can fail.  Examples of information could be screenshots, error messages, console logs, etc.
Ah, sure, yeah, so I click the macro (it's set as a token action), and the attack roll happens as I would expect, but then when I click "Eldritch Blast" in the roll template to roll damage, then I get the error messages in the maroon and gray boxes below that.

Edited 1714234226
Gauss
Forum Champion
So that means that the attack damage string you are calling for no longer exists. Perhaps you changed something?  So how you fix this:  Make an attack with your weapon.  Click the damage button for the attack in the chat tab. Click the Chat box (where you type) in the Chat tab Click the up arrow on your keyboard Copy the text that appears in the Chat box.  It should look something like: %{-Nua2v0-no1-j74t86w2|repeating_attack_-NwVGnMkSA0ZT5bep4EC_attack_dmg} (the codes will be different) Next, edit your macro, replace the bad code with the new version (make sure you remove the %{ and } so that it looks like (again, this is just an example):  ~( -Nua2v0-no1-j74t86w2|repeating_attack_-NwVGnMkSA0ZT5bep4EC_attack_dmg) Here is your bad code (bolded section): @{Darcassan Nerijean|wtype}&{template:atk} {{mod=+10}} {{rname=[Eldritch Blast] (~-NT_V54kYtExvUFxtJl-|repeating_attack_-NTZe9Hk35socTHXY3d-_attack_dmg) }} {{normal=1}} {{rnamec=[Eldritch Blast](~-NT_V54kYtExvUFxtJl-|repeating_attack_-NTZe9Hk35socTHXY3d-_attack_crit)}} {{r1=[[{3d20cs>20}kh1 + 5[CHA] + 4[PROF] + 1[SPELLATK]]]}} {{range=120 feet}} {{desc=Hexblade's curse + Elven accuracy}} {{spelllevel=cantrip}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{Darcassan Nerijean|global_attack_mod}}} ammo= {{spelldesc_link=[Show Spell Description](~-NT_V54kYtExvUFxtJl-|repeating_attack_-NTZe9Hk35socTHXY3d-_spelldesc_link)}} @{Darcassan Nerijean|charname_output}
Thank you! That worked!