Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom 5e Character Sheet Question

Is there a way to make a my own 5e character sheet and still have access to the SRD? Would I still be able to buy 5e items in the shop and use them in my games? 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
you could build your own sheet and set it up to pull from the compendium, but it is a LOT of work.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When Scott says a LOT of work, he really means it. It could be hundreds of hours of dedicated work. If you take one of the sheets based on D&D and use that as a basis, and you're a skilled web developer, it is less than that, but still a lot of work. A big part of the problem is the official D&D sheet code isn't public, so you can't use that as a basis.

Edited 1721215082
Ya I have seen its a ton (and I mean a ton) of work but we have some unique rules in Arcanis I would really like to see presented in a proper character sheet.  Also we have been playing around with developing our own SRD (ala Black Flag from Kobold Press) but seeing its basically a augmented SRD (our races and classes) It would work as a free d20 Product you can get here in the store (or maybe sell it for 5 bucks) which would be in addition to the SRD but would it be searchable like the SRD?  I have so many questions and seeing my company has been around publishing Arcanis for 20+ years, I really need to find a way for us to have a footprint here on roll20 we have over 40 adventures for the living campaign, 2 books of publish adventures, and a campaign-in-a-box in the works, all of which I would love to see here on Roll20 Just everyone has told me you start with the character sheet and go from there.... and its not like we are a big company, we are just 3 guys down in Florida with a love for storytelling and gaming.    
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'd recommend starting your journey here: <a href="https://cybersphere.me/roll20/" rel="nofollow">https://cybersphere.me/roll20/</a>
I'm looking at hiring someone from Fiverr to help me with the character sheet.&nbsp; I just had no idea if you could make a character sheet that uses the 5e rules set.