Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cant open Roll 20 game

My roll 20 is stuck on the black loading screen at times giving the red cant connect to server...   I'm using Firefox, its a dnd 2024 game and have my game on jumpgate - I cleared Cache - I restarted the computer - I checked my internet and there's been no connection interruption - I refreshed the page - I sighed in and out Is this a larger problem for Saturday am right now/ just today, or is this a problem with a fix on my end?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi DM Blake! Although I haven't seen it reported in some time, it used to occasionally be the case that something about the page you were last on was so complex, or gitched that it wouldn't allow that page to be loaded. Usually it was a case of size and/or dynamic lighting. Before the next step of a  Help Center Request , try this: Create a  Dummy Account . Give it an invitation to the game. Once it has joined, promote it to Gamemaster. The Dummy account should open the game wherever the player flag is, which with any luck is not the problem page. Have the Dummy account turn off Dynamic Lighting on the page your regular account is on, without actually navigating there. See if your regular account will load. If it doesn't, have the Dummy Account duplicate the page, and delete the original. If your regular account still will not load, then file that  Help Center Request . It might be good to capture a  Console Log ( Chrome , Firefox ) to add to the report, taken from the time your regular account tries to load the game. That will help them figure out what's going wrong. Good Luck!
Thank you for the reply. I’ll try it when I get a chance.   I’m not trying to be extra critical or difficult by any means, but I’m disappointed in this answer. Jumpgate is saposed to be something that runs dynamic lighting and multiple assets better than the standard version.  But it’s the first time for me a game has been rendered unplayable because of the dynamic lighting and quantity of assets.   Btw this is a standard DnD vecna module.  Wich now concerns me.  Is there a way to safeguard against this in the future or is this to be some what expected? 

Edited 1729362473
Gauss
Forum Champion
Roll20 is browser based, due to this sometimes data becomes glitched, corrupted, or something in the browser.  My understanding of this issue is that the problem is not usually with Roll20's side of things, but the browser's side. The data needs to be re-loaded and the best way to do that is to move the user having the problem to a different page, let them load that page, then move them back to the problem page where they can reload that data.  It doesn't happen very often.  Roll20 being browser based is both a boon and a drawback. Boon due to the lower bar to entry, but drawback because it comes with all the potential issues of browsers. Such as glitches in the stored data of the website on the browser. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
DM Blake said: Thank you for the reply. I’ll try it when I get a chance.   I’m not trying to be extra critical or difficult by any means, but I’m disappointed in this answer. Jumpgate is saposed to be something that runs dynamic lighting and multiple assets better than the standard version.  But it’s the first time for me a game has been rendered unplayable because of the dynamic lighting and quantity of assets.   Btw this is a standard DnD vecna module.  Wich now concerns me.  Is there a way to safeguard against this in the future or is this to be some what expected?  It might not be the issue at all, and likely isn't. Like I said, I haven't seen it reported in a long time, and was just stating the remedy for that particular issue. The Console Log ( Chrome , Firefox ) and  Help Center Request  are the best ways to find out what is going on.
I ended up opening the game with chrome and it works fine, just will no longer work with Firefox.  Though all other programs and apps still work fine with Firefox.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Did you make a Help Center Request ?  The only suggestion I can think of is to try a private browsing window in FF to see if it is a case of an extension conflict. Otherwise, i t's pretty difficult to diagnose what might be the issue between Roll20 and Firefox in your instance.