Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ctrl + L faulty in GM mode

When I am logged in as GM and hit Ctrl +L to see what my players can see, I can see light emitted by monsters (what I use for darkvision) that "All players can see" is not checked. I added myself to control the character as a player and logged in as a player and they are seeing what they are supposed to. so the problem appears to be with Ctrl+L. I need to be able to accurately see what the character can without having to have a separate tab with me logged in as a player.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issue is that, as the GM, you implicitly have control over all tokens, so you get the extra light sources with Ctrl+L.
I thought the point of ctrl + L was to see what the token could see. This is what I need it to do, I don't see much point in it working as is. the information is flawed and ultimately unhelpful
Gauss
Forum Champion
This is a known issue, I will add this thread to the bug report.
Thank you
I think you can always rejoin as a player, on a second browser tab, and watch the changes in real time. Seems to work fine for me when I need to make such comparisons. YMMV.
Gauss
Forum Champion
This has been fixed.