Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Multiple Images per Token

It would be lovely to have multiple images applied to a single token, which could then be switched via the right click menu. For instance, I would love to have a 'bloodied' image for my player characters which I could switch to by right clicking it. At the moment I'm using the API to do so (based on health values) but there are many other applications to a multi-sided token: Characters with helmets on/off, different expressions for your player character tokens, and so forth. I realize you can have multi-sided tokens using a rollable table, but curiously, those do not seem to like snapping to the grid, and having a table for every token you'd like to use bloats the list substantially.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
You can do this with rollable tables and turning off the "Is Drawing?" option. There will be bloat but it's manageable, unless you're trying to do too much. Regardless, the solution is already in the application.
Once you create the table and the token, you don't need the table any more.
Rollable table is too cumbersome. Just the ability to change the token picture - I don't need a right-click option of 10 of them - would be very handy.
It would definitely be more user friendly to just be able to drag multiple images to the token and specify the current one.
Since I'd love to be able to make use of Roll20's new cards-as-tokens option and have selectable alternate images, +1 to this idea.
Rollable tables are not too cumbersome and any ui element to create a multi-image token would be near identical to what already exists.
You can use cards if you want a token that functions as a normal player token and you only need 2 images.
If you right click and un-highlight "is drawing", it will snap to the grid just fine.
Personally, I'd rather be able to do this with the avatars, since they're usually going to be a bigger picture anyways.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Wiki Instructions on creating and using Rollable Table Tokens: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Card_Decks_and_Rollable_Ta" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Card_Decks_and_Rollable_Ta</a>...

Edited 1463336684
I use portraits/pogs for my characters with an arrow pointing the way they are facing. This is useful for hide/sneak/spot. It is weird, though, to have the character's portrait upside down so that the arrow is pointing north. I would like to have multi-picture pogs so that I can have a stationary portrait and just rotate and arrow to indicate which way they are facing. This is somewhat similar to what the OP suggested - enough that I don't want to start a new thread. So what I'm thinking is a background or base token with an overlay layer that can be manipulated independently. And if the overlay is blood or mud or armor then more versatility, right? Both move together, both are saved as the 'Use this token' in the character sheet, but can be manipulated separately.
I think this would be more doable with a single image and the token being treated as a frame. Only part of the image is displayed at an anytime. You can already do this in CSS; its how a lot of animated buttons work.
why is this still open?
As the functionality for this already exists in the form of Rollable tables. I am going to go ahead and close this so everyone has their votes refunded. Cheers!