Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Fade in and fade out for sound fx/music

Ideally with the ability to set the fade time, but just a way to bring sounds in and out gracefully would be very helpful. I'd suggest a checkbox on the entry for each sound, that would enable fade in or out when the sound was started or stopped. Perhaps a default fade time could be set in preferences. Having to set a time against each sound could be fiddly, however you would want to be able to switch fade on or off for individual sounds.
I agree with this and support it. The ability to gracefully fade sound bytes,effects background music ect, would improve the sound system a great deal. I would add the ability to have sounds and music trigger based on token actions too.
+1
This would be a great feature for sounds.
Yeah, this would be really nice to make the sound options less jarring.  +1
I'd be happy with a button on the Jukebox tab that fades out the currently playing track(s) and stops them.  That would be great.

Edited 1539207453
Yes +1 All of them at once
That would be nice so it's not a hard start or stop. Especially when it comes to sounds that are meant to be played on a loop, since they often start mid-key. +1
This would be really amazing. At least allow for us to scroll the volume bar to manually fade the music. +1
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
This went live in today's  Bring Your Own Beat  update.
Stephanie B. said: This went live in today's  Bring Your Own Beat  update. Many thanks, but this isn't quite what I proposed. The suggestion here is that these fades would happen whenever the track is started or stopped. The purpose is to prevent abrupt cuts to the music or effect when you need to start or stop a track. The current functionality simply adds a fade to the beginning or end of the track itself (which I can do outside of Roll20 when preparing the track). Can the new functionality be extended so that if Fade In or Fade Out is set the fade occurs whenever you click the play or stop button? (i.e. if you stop a track halfway through it would fade out, and if you restart it then it would fade back in.)
Seconded. I've created a new suggestion thread for this, since I fear that this thread won't be given much attention now that it's marked as completed. Technically, it should be a pretty easy addition (I think), since the basic fade-out feature is already implemented, it just needs to trigger when you stop playback of a track.
Thanks, TheEpicSnowWolf. I've +1d your new thread.