Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pop out everything (chat, journal (including character sheets), art library, jukebox)

I would like to suggest adding the ability to have various tabs (chat, art library, journal (individual character sheets and handouts), jukebox) as pop out boxes. One of the other suggestions about multiple chat windows suggests creating tabs to have multiple chats but if one could actually detach those tabs and move them around it would be great. Now expand this to the other tabs. I would love the ability to open up the players character sheets and move them to separate screen and keep them open along with the art library, jukebox, etc. All of this would be particularly useful while utilizing the map so you can focus on the map while also keeping the other windows open. For single monitor setups maybe not as useful but for those of us who have multiple monitors it would be extremely helpful.
I love this suggestion!
This would be AMAZINGLY useful for folks with additional monitors. Stretching the web-page over two monitors is funky at best (esp. when dealing with two different resolutions). Being able to pop-out the chat and journal pages would be super-convenient
Kevin B.
Marketplace Creator
Would be the best feature ever.
A guy in our game last night worked out that logging in a second window works quite well to handle this
I could definately use this... I have a 4-monitor setup, and feel quite claustrophobic with all my roll20 stuff on one monitor. I'd love to be able to pull a character sheet out on another screen and use its roll macros while actually being able to see the map as well. Ideally, I'd like to be able to pull monstor/NPC notes onto one monitor, a character sheet on another monitor (perhaps with embedded macros if the sheet ever gets close to getting that right), the map on a 3rd monitor, and the SRD/reference in the 4th monitor.
Never knew you could log in with two windows! I'll try that.
+1. Switching tabs drives me NUTS! And it slows the game right down.
Popping out everything is a tall order, but I think at least starting with Character Sheets is doable in the not too distant future...
character sheets would be the main thing that would be particularily usefull and then I would say the chat tab would be next. My original thought was just the character sheets and the chat but then I figured I would simply expand upon that and include everything in the request.
Well we are about to make you very happy, then. Here's a sneak preview of what's on Dev right now: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/5fHGXpr.gif" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/5fHGXpr.gif</a> It's going to be a while (definitely not this upcoming update) before it goes off Dev though, there's a lot of edge cases to work through...
Kevin B.
Marketplace Creator
Would like to get that dice roller popped out as well. The character sheet is #1 priority though in my mind.
Glad to see that this is something that can be done. Cannot wait for it to go live :)

Edited 1415741556
Ben H
KS Backer
I'm really happy to hear that you're working on this feature. I'm curious if you plan to, or if would be possible to, make the various web cam windows pop out? Would be really nice to be able to basically rearrange the layout to suit. I'm sure people say this all the time but that feature would almost certainly make me upgrade from backer to Mentor.
I want to be able to pop things out so I can move them on over to my second monitor so I can have the jukebox open, journal open, and the chat open while I am running my campaign. Also having a seperate window for the music will help me pick out the right audio to play rather than have everything just in the one column.
Is there any estimated date when this will be on the public servers too? (I guess, this will be part of the "Update of Holding")
Gold
Forum Champion
Martin W. said: Is there any estimated date when this will be on the public servers too? (I guess, this will be part of the "Update of Holding") I'll answer from what I've read on forum and Dev blog and Podcasts, so far they have only specified that Update of Holding would come out in Q1 of 2015 (first quarter of the year).
In the new update out today you can now "pop out" Characters and Handouts.