Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Special dynamic lighting layer objects.

Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
This is somewhat doable in UDL, currently. From my comment in the Stupid Tricks thread: Dynamic Lighting "Windows" (UDL only) There are 3 methods to do create them: (Plus user) Use the Freehand Drawing Tool and draw a back-and-forth line,starting and ending the drawing on the same spot, on the Map or Token Layer , and then move it to the DL layer. You can't use the free hand drawing tool on the DL layer, and need to draw it on another layer. The starting/ending spots will create a small dot that isnt see through, but even with a short window you should get more than 90% of your section like you want. (Pro user, API) TheAaron has a dedicated API for it called UDLWindows (Pro user, API) Use Scott C's DoorKnocker API version DoorKnocker1x211.js to convert regular DL lines into "windows".
+1
+1. Really surprised this isn't already an option. 
+1
Seconded!
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Hello all -  I've updated the status of this suggestion to Queued, as we're working on One Way Dynamic Lighting Barriers right now . Morgan mentioned the features from this thread which are on our roadmap in a blog post this week, along with several other roadmapped features. The included features are: One Way Dynamic Lighting Barriers Window Dynamic Lighting Barriers Dynamic Lighting Doors
+5
Kenton said: Hello all -  I've updated the status of this suggestion to Queued, as we're working on One Way Dynamic Lighting Barriers right now . Morgan mentioned the features from this thread which are on our roadmap in a blog post this week, along with several other roadmapped features. The included features are: One Way Dynamic Lighting Barriers Window Dynamic Lighting Barriers Dynamic Lighting Doors oh my god I'm so happy, thank you very much!
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Hello all, Yesterday, we released an update which supports One Way lines for Dynamic Lighting. Windows and Doors are soon.
Oh thank goodness!  I'm so tired of having to switch to the the Dynamic Lighting layer, every time a player wants to open or close a door.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hey folks, excited to announce that transparent barriers are live for Pro users in early access. If you're a Pro user you can join the conversation here , and this feature (and more!) will be coming to all subscribers soon.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Excited to announce that transparent barriers have come out of early access today and are now available for all subscribers. Work is in progress on a tool for player-interactable windows as we continue to fulfill this suggestion!
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hello everyone! I'm excited to announce that Windows are now available for Pro users in Early Access via the "Place" tool in the lefthand toolbar on the VTT. Players with permissions and sight can see through Windows, but they block movement for player tokens and prompt turning on Restrict Player Movement if not already on. Players can click on windows that are not locked to open and close them. Opening a Window removes the movement restriction, so the player can then move through the Window. You can find more information over on the Pro forum or in the change log . All that's left to wrap up this Suggestion is Doors, and you know what they say: with every window that closes, a door opens! Update coming soon.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hello everyone! And with that, Doors are now available to Pro users in early access, and will be available to all subscribers in 2023. Here's an overview of the functionality, which you can also view over on the Change Log : Players with permissions and sight can see door icons (unless secret). Doors block movement for player tokens and prompt turning on Restrict Player Movement if not already on. Players can click on doors that are not locked or secret to open and close them. Opening a door removes the movement restriction, so the player can then move their token through the door. Secret doors appear to players as dynamic lighting barriers, with no icon visible. GMs can open/close doors, lock/unlock, and make secret/not secret doors with toggles as well as changing the line color. GMs can select and delete doors using the backspace or delete key. GMs can resize and rotate doors via bubbles at each end of the window from the Dynamic Lighting layer. Doors have Mod (API) properties for placement, open/close, locked/unlocked, and secret/not secret. With that done, I'm calling this thread complete. Thanks all for your feedback and help in making Roll20's features the best they can be!